none
BAM OrchestrationEventStream

Question

• Hi

Microsoft.BizTalk.Bam.EventObservation.OrchestrationEventStream.AddReference
    Microsoft.BizTalk.Bam.EventObservation.OrchestrationEventStream.BeginActivity
    Microsoft.BizTalk.Bam.EventObservation.OrchestrationEventStream.UpdateActivity
    Microsoft.BizTalk.Bam.EventObservation.OrchestrationEventStream.EndActivity

what are the use above methods ,and which table it going to insert data in BAMPrimaryImport database

Thanks

KVSwamy

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hi All ,

I have changed version in solution ,due to this BAM is pointing to my old orchastration ,after dploying batch file with latest version (btt and batch files) every thing working fine.. ,thanks for support .

Thanks

Vittalaranga

Monday, April 01, 2013 6:52 AM

All replies

• OrchestrationEventStream used to programmatically populate a BAM activity model from within a BizTalk orchestration. OES API stores tracking data first in the BizTalk MessageBox database. Periodically the data is processed and persisted to the BAM Primary Import database by the Tracking Data Decode Service (TDDS).

AddRefernce: Adds a reference to an item that relates to the current activity instance.

BeginActivity: Creates a new activity record if data is tracked using the UpdateActivity method.

UPdateActivity: Updates the activity record.

EndActivity: Indicates that there are no more events expected for the given activity instance or continuation token.

These method are used to insert/update data into BAM activitties https://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/business-activity-monitoring.aspx. BAM privides the database infrastructure for you to capture business data. You don't need to manually provision the database tables and views; it's automatically created when you deploy the BAM activities using the management tool bm.exe. For every activity deployed there will be 5 corresponding database tables created in the BAMPrimaryImport database with the postfix _Active, _ActiveRelationships, _Completed, _CompletedRelationships and _Continuations (few SQL views will created to work with these tables and corresponding BAM_DM_<<activity name>> SSIS package will be created).

Read this white paper from MSDN for more info: Business Activity Monitoring in Depth for Developers

Reference:

http://sandroaspbiztalkblog.wordpress.com/2010/08/23/bam-api-%E2%80%93-using-orchestrationeventstream-to-write-bam-events-from-biztalk-orchestration/

EventStream Methods

http://blogs.biztalk360.com/bam-production-environment-management/

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:23 PM
  • Thanks aswin ,

Allow host tracking check box(in Hist(Biztalk Application) should be check ?

My previous application was working fine with BAM ,recently i done minor change in orchastration(not related to BAM) and deplyed .after deploye i am not able to see data in respected tables in  BAMprimary database .

where i was wrong?

Thanks

Vittalaranga

Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:58 AM
  • Hi Vittalarnaga,

Please read my above comments and referenced URLs, they provide all the information you're after. I am just repeating what’s been said in one the the links.

"When you configure a BizTalk host with the option "Allow Host Tracking" to true and created a host instance for that host, then you have created a TDDS sub-service inside that host instance automatically.

The important step is to make sure there is at least one BizTalk Host/Host Instance configured to run "Tracking Data Decode Service (TDDS)" in your environment. When you utilize BAM inside your BizTalk applications (inside your Orchestrations, Pipelines etc) BizTalk runtime will utilize one of the asynchronous event stream to write BAM data for performance reasons. When an asynchronous event stream is used, the BAM data will be first written to the BizTalk message box database and its the job of the TDDS service to move the BAM data from BizTalk message box database to BAMPrimaryImport database. If you don't run the TDDS service the data will start accumulating in the message box database and over a period of time will result in a bloated unhealthy message box database. For more info about Tracking host read this article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee308950(BTS.10).aspx "

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:34 AM
  • Hi Aswin ,

Thanks for information ,

I have 2 orchestration in admin console 1. Old one 2. latest changed orchestration .

If i stop latest orchestration and start old one i am getting data ,the same i can see in BAM import database table

But the same is not  hapening for latest orchestration one , when i do debug orchestration i don't find any failures in this .

Can you help on this  ,this is somewhat urgent

Thanks

KVswamy

Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:35 AM
  • Hi KVSwamy,

Check TDDS_FailedTrackingData  table. The TDDS_FailedTrackingData table gets populated whenever there is a tracking failure TDDS_FailedTrackingData.

If there are any errors, they must some clue in TDDS_FailedTrackingData or any warning in eventlog. Generally BAM errors are logged as warning, so if your code is executed then you shall have some warning in case of any issues.

Ensure your BAM codes are executed in the orchestration, attach debugger or enable any Diagnostics code or see the orchestration message flow.

Ensure you’re checking in the correct BAM-Activity tables.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:01 AM
  • Have you deployed the TPE profile for the new orchestration?

Regards.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:29 AM
  • Hi All ,

I have changed version in solution ,due to this BAM is pointing to my old orchastration ,after dploying batch file with latest version (btt and batch files) every thing working fine.. ,thanks for support .

Thanks

Vittalaranga

Monday, April 01, 2013 6:52 AM