none
How to run background process

Question

• Hi..All,

My problem is :

I Was developed One Pocket pc Application.. Its working fine..!

while running the app i need to display notification in some regular intervals..!

for that i decide and go for console application..!

Now i need to create a console application and run it as background process for notification..!

If u give some solution for me to do..! it will very helpful for me..!

Thanks In Advance,

Thangadurai
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 10:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please dont post the same post multiple times.

Run a thread in background from your application which throws notification balloons in regular . But running two applications at a time may cause more battery consumption, consume more memory and out of guide lines as well.

Also provide more details if your application demans for such kind of environment.

this is the small sample application for alarming system.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/mobile/SmartAlarm.aspx

Regards,
    Malleswar
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:03 AM
  • Hi Thangadurai,

I have repied in your another thread, pleae don't cross post.

You can also take a look at creating a service, which run on background.
    Pocket PC Services tutorial

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please dont post the same post multiple times.

Run a thread in background from your application which throws notification balloons in regular . But running two applications at a time may cause more battery consumption, consume more memory and out of guide lines as well.

Also provide more details if your application demans for such kind of environment.

this is the small sample application for alarming system.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/mobile/SmartAlarm.aspx

Regards,
    Malleswar
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:03 AM
  • Hi Thangadurai,

I have repied in your another thread, pleae don't cross post.

You can also take a look at creating a service, which run on background.
    Pocket PC Services tutorial

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 7:56 AM