none
Comparison between Disconnect Dataset record and table

Question

• hi,

I have master table  (item master) having more then 60000 records I fetched into offline dataset and loading each time in vb.net form instead of get from database which is costly, I want to inquire is there any function/technique  available that when ever my table in a database will be updated automatically my offline dataset will be updated.

thank you.

regards,

asad

asad

Friday, December 27, 2013 10:47 AM

All replies

• You have to do it from the database application.  The method will depend on the database you are using.  If you are using a SQL Server than you would write a procedure in the database to perform the write.

jdweng

Friday, December 27, 2013 11:13 AM
  • thank for reply, yes I am using sqlserver, is it possible please help to provide the said procedure

thank you.

asad

Friday, December 27, 2013 11:22 AM
  • Asad,

All samples on Internet use a complete table for datasets.

In real practise that is seldom done as only a selection using a Where clause would be used.

Success
    Cor

Friday, December 27, 2013 11:49 AM
  • Below is an example of a Write CSV procedure in SQL

http://www.example-code.com/sql/csv_update.asp

jdweng

Friday, December 27, 2013 12:20 PM
  • Joel,

Will you be so kind to connect replies to the message of the one who ask or gives a reply related to your answer.

There are beside discussions and questions two ways to view this forum.

Beginners view and Threaded view. 

The threaded view gives a good oversight about what persons are replying to. 

Now it looks always if you replies to somebody, but often your reply is not related to the message it is connected too.

Success
    Cor

Friday, December 27, 2013 12:55 PM
  • hank you for reply, after downloading  the sample.csvwhen I executed the store procedure  ChilkatSample its give following error.

Failed to create ActiveX component

thank  you.

regards,

asad

Friday, December 27, 2013 7:10 PM
  • Put the full path name where you want the create the CSV file.  You probably don't have write permission to the default folder that the database is using.

EXEC @hr = sp_OACreate 'Chilkat.Csv', @csv OUT

jdweng

Friday, December 27, 2013 10:17 PM