none
To the moderators of this forum

General discussion

That is already a few time that I noticed that some threads are moved from this forum to the Off Topic forum without even telling the OP of the fact. Leaving him waiting for answers.

I thing that it is a very rude practice and that it should be stopped

The OP cames with a question for the community and it is not because he choose the wrong forum that you can be disrespectful and rude and throw his thread to the garbage.

How hard would it be to move the thread to the right forum instead of Off Topic?... I am asking you.

And, if you really dont care and you want to keep doing this, ... DONT do it when the OP is addressing something to me.

Luc

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:04 PM

All replies

• The threads that I am talking about were not rude ... And I was talking to the OP.

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:22 PM
  • Do you have links to the threads moved?  The OP of any thread should be able to view their threads at any time, regardless of where the thread is.

"Those who use Application.DoEvents() have no idea what it does and those who know what it does never use it." JohnWein

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:31 PM
  • Ya, he can see it, but no one monitor the Off topic forum ... Who will catch a thread there and answer a question. 

Dont you think that If a thread for C# or ASP that show up here should be moved to the right forum instead that being throwed to the garbage ... and without notification to the OP.

The OP will not notice that his thread is in the Off topic ... and even if he does, he wont know what it means.  He will just wounder why he is not getting any answer.

And when I am talking to someone, I hate to have to chase the thread in all possible forum .. all the way to off topic to answer
    • Edited by Crazypennie Monday, September 30, 2013 5:01 PM 123465
    Monday, September 30, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Luc,

In general I agree of course with you, I've to often see threads been moved because Moderators have to few knowledge of VB.

As soon as they see for instance Web, Office, XAML or Metro some of them think probably that it are no .,Net products.

This forum is for VB in Visual Studio. That does not mean Visual Basic Express.

Success
    Cor

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:55 PM
  • And well ... 

Who ever does that have the choice

Can move the thread to the right forum or to the garbage ... one is not harder than the other

And he choose the garbage ... without notifying the OP, and without regard to the fact that someone is already answering

Sorry for you if you dont find this rude

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:55 PM
  • Look to my reply, we were sending parallel in the same time

Success
    Cor

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:57 PM
  • Threads should be in the appropriate forum, and only be moved to off topic if that is where they belong.  Seems like common sense to me.  It is inconvenient for all when a thread is moved.

I can't say that I have experienced this lately.  Most of the moderators do a great job :)

"Those who use Application.DoEvents() have no idea what it does and those who know what it does never use it." JohnWein

• Edited by dbasnett Monday, September 30, 2013 3:59 PM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 3:57 PM
  • I am just not giving anybody's name. I would quess that who I am talking to will recognize himself.

It is true that we have some good moderator that are with is since long time.

But it is also true that we are getting some moderators that are promoted Moderator without having even posted in a single thread anywere in any forums.

Any way, I said what I had to say.

Monday, September 30, 2013 5:32 PM
  • And when I am talking to someone, I hate to have to chase the thread in all possible forum .. all the way to off topic to answer

If you have email notification enabled then you get an email saying where the thread has been moved to, if that's any help. On most days, the notifications arrive within a reasonable time; some days it seems to take hours. Also, the thread should still apear on the "My threads" page.

--
    Andrew

Monday, September 30, 2013 6:22 PM