none
automate Language change (ACP) with intl.cpl

Question

• Hey,

I am running an old non-Unicode app and like to automate the change to a new GUI language in my app.
    This has to be done by the regional and language settings / language for non unicode programs.
    But I'd like to automate it. The user should not run through the Control Panel and handle the appropriate dialogs. So the user just has to press a button in the app to change to a new language and to start the necessary reboot.
    To open the language setting dialog, you can use the intl.cpl,0,2 command.
    But this command just opens the dialog box that you have to handle now. You have to select the language and press OK twice to really start the reboot.
    To avoid this additional handling by the user, is there a way to send the new language maybe as a parameter to the intl.cpl command and to accept the reboot?
    Or is there any other way to switch over to another language by a script or so ?

Thanks for any idea.
    Peter
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:34 AM

All replies

• The function SetLocaleInfo() sets an item of information in the user override portion of the current locale. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd374049(vs.85).aspx Maybe it can help you.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:27 PM
  • There is no paramer in intl.cp to setup something and reboot machine. You can use above API to setup user and system locale or write a simple application to do the button click actions
    Friday, May 29, 2009 6:46 PM
  • Is that possible ? Can I handle the language dialog from my app ?
    How can I do the button clicks and how to select a secial item in the language-combobox on the language settings dialog from my app ?
    Do I have to use Windows scriting or is there a chance to do this by API calls ?

Peter
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 11:40 AM