none
Error in Excel "Compile Error in Hidden Module"

Question

• Hello Team, Good Morning

I have written simple VB for Excel 2003, it is working fine in some systems, in some systems I am getting the Error that "Compile Error in hidden module", how I can stop this error? Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,

Have a nice day

Regards,

Gnani Jadav

Thursday, November 26, 2009 4:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You will need to determine the error and either cure it or handle it with error handlers.

Does you vbproject contain references to libraries that might not be on other users pc?
    Which version of xl do the other systems have?
    Cheers www.andypope.info
    • Proposed as answer by Ryan0827 Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:36 PM
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:28 AM
  • In most cases, these errors are produced by the Euro Currency Tools. Turn them off (Tools --> Add-Ins... --> Uncheck Euro Currency Tools --> OK) then try again
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:47 PM
  • The only problem is that there is a missing reference file. So go to VBA Editor (Alt+F11), Tools>References, and see if one of the checked boxes says missing.

If so you either need to find the reference file and get it on the new PC or determine what the reference is for and either remove or use a different object. The compile error is most likely comming from the fact that XL isn't able to locate a perticular object that is being used in the workbook.

Regards,
    Sanjay
    • Proposed as answer by sanjaytw Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:23 AM
    Friday, November 27, 2009 6:03 AM
  • Hello,

Also you could try this KB article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307410

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 5:46 AM
  • The only problem is that there is a missing reference file. So go to VBA Editor (Alt+F11), Tools>References, and see if one of the checked boxes says missing.

If so you either need to find the reference file and get it on the new PC or determine what the reference is for and either remove or use a different object. The compile error is most likely comming from the fact that XL isn't able to locate a perticular object that is being used in the workbook.

Regards,
    Sanjay

Sound like the answer to me!
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:28 AM