What's the status of CAT.NET 2.0?

All replies

• Hi - I'm the Program Manager for CAT.NET.  We were looking to release CAT.NET v2.0 but ran into a design issue at the last moment which caused us to delay the release.  At this point we are working with internal teams to determine how to best fix this concern.  Once we have a solution and definitive timeframe we’ll announce the new release date. We have pulled the external beta from the site until this can be resolved.

• Proposed as answer by frankbr Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:49 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:48 PM
  • Frank, any more recent status updates? I think it's clear the community is excited about this technology - sure hope to see it soon.
    Senior QA Engineer & Testing Team Lead
    Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:14 PM
  • I agree with John!  Frankbr any additional word on status?  Is there a goal for what quarter CAT.NET might launch?

Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:53 PM
  • Hi Frank,

Any update on the proposed release date. As I am very curious about it.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 4:54 PM
  • I would also like to know the status of this.  Please let us have an update.

The current version I have I am getting an OutOfMemoryException which I have seen a couple others also report.

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:25 PM
  • I also like to know the status of CAT.NET 2.0.

We now develope ASP.NET 4.0 and need the new CAT.NET 2.0 to scan security issues.

Any milestone or release date, please let me know.

Thansk.

Charles

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:46 AM
  • I'm also looking for a status of CAT.NET v2.0
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 12:48 PM
  • Same here. Would be nice to get some sign that this project is still alive.
    Monday, October 18, 2010 8:17 PM
  • Same here - would love to know the status or better yet have CAT 2.0 released. 

Frank Br, Program Manager of the CAT.NET team - we are in limbo since June 29, 2010 - 127 days I believe?  Are you still on the team?  Is CAT.NET still on a roadmap?  How can we get more information?

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 9:24 PM
  • Agree with everyone on thread.  Can someone from Microsoft respond to this thread regarding the updated status on CAT.NET 2.0?  We are looking to intergrate CAT.NET's security scanning as we use the latest VS suite of Visual Studio 2010 and TFS.

Please provide some feedback so we in the field can make informed decisions as to stick with CAT.NET for find an alternative.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 6:20 PM
  • Hi,

I wanted to provide an update to the CAT.NET project since it’s been a while since my last communication.  Internally we have version 2.0 of CAT.NET running.  Unfortunately, some of the features we relied on in Visual Studio’s code analysis did not make it into the final product.  We are working with the Visual Studio team to include the features needed. 

In the meantime our team had been investigating options to bypass the missing libraries.  This is not an ideal solution because we’ll be omitting the seamless integration with Visual Studio.   We believe we have a solution and have provided estimates to fix this problem.  Because this effort was not planned, we are investigating how to fit this effort into our current work load.  We should have some news by the end of March if not sooner.

Cheers,

Frank

Monday, February 14, 2011 9:40 PM
  • Great to hear some news form the inside, may I suggest you keep the forum up-to-date so we do not have to hunt for updates:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/is/catnet/threads

Many thanks

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 3:01 PM
  • We're integrating cat.net with our build system and running it using command line without the VS integration. It would have been great to get a version that works even if it doesn't integrate with VS.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:14 PM
  • Hi Frank,

Any update on when this will be available? I have a security talk at tech-ed in may and would love to be able to tell people it's available and working now for 2010.

Thanks!

Adam

Monday, April 04, 2011 4:50 PM
  • Frank thanks for this update.  Sounds like some serious work on the MS side - we appreciate your efforts & believe that CAT.NET will be a critical improvement to the overall VS/TFS/.NET space.

Until a decision is made on the product/release could we (as the interested dev community) as that your team give us a quarterly update on the status?

Also, is there someone in MS that we should contact about CAT.NET?  We want to make sure Microsoft knows that the dev community knows this is a desired feature & worthy of MS developer time.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 4:48 AM
  • Frank thanks for this update.  Sounds like some serious work on the MS side - we appreciate your efforts & believe that CAT.NET will be a critical improvement to the overall VS/TFS/.NET space.

Until a decision is made on the product/release could we (as the interested dev community) as that your team give us a quarterly update on the status?

Also, is there someone in MS that we should contact about CAT.NET?  We want to make sure Microsoft knows that the dev community knows this is a desired feature & worthy of MS developer time.

Just want to let you know that my group is very interested in this tool. Can't wait to have it.
    Friday, June 24, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Tag me, please.
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:03 AM