TFS 2012 Build issue

Question

• I have upgraded to TFS 2012 from TFS 2010 and when I try and run a build I get the following error:

TF215097: An error occurred while initializing a build for build definition \Logging\Logger Service: Cannot set unknown member 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.SyncWorkspace.RequestsFailed'.

I am using "DefaultTemplate.11.1". Any help would be appreciated.

Monday, July 02, 2012 8:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi JMVetter, 

Thanks for your post.

This issue happened when queue all build definitions?

Try to create a simplest project, then new a build definition(using DefaultTemplate.11.1) to  build this project, still receive this same error? If  yes, please share the detailed build log here.

If you have any further research of this issue, please share your experience here.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 6:08 AM
  • Here is an update where it stands now, the above error seemed to go away once I uninstalled the 2010 version of the tfs build. It seems to be somewhat working on projects that we had before the upgrade. I created a new team project to get the new build template and on that project I cannot get a simple build to work. I am getting this error:

TF215097: An error occurred while initializing a build for build definition \Shared Code\BuildMe: The build controller cannot deserialize the process parameters of the build. Make sure the process parameters are compatible with the assemblies on the build machine. Details: Cannot create unknown type '{clr-namespace:Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities;assembly=Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow}AgileTestPlatformSpec'.

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 6:37 PM
  • Hi JMVetter, 

Thanks for your reply.

Please install the VS 2012 RC on your build machine, then restart your build service.  

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 5:39 AM