Visual C# Registration - XML Parsing Error

Question

• I'm recieving an error when attempting to register Visual C# Express edition. I get no error messages while attempting registration with IE, just a blank page. This is the message I get while attempting registration with FireFox:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
    Line Number 1, Column 1:

Anyone out there having the same issue? Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Cheers

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

VC# 2008 Express Beta 2 registration server is taken down because of VS 2008 RTM release. You can try to download VC# 2008 RTM from this website - http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/. After you install VC# 2008 Express RTM, you can try to get a register key through "Help" -> "Register Product" in VC# 2008 Express IDE using your windows live account and register it to see if it works on your side.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:35 AM

All replies

• Are you registering the RTM copy of C# Express?  To check, go to Help->About and verify that the version number is 9.0.21022.8

Friday, January 18, 2008 1:22 AM
  • I'm not able to open C# Express without the registration dialog insisting that I register. This prevents me from going to help.

I right clicked on the executable instead and selected properties to view the version which is: 9.0.20706.01 built by: Beta2.'

I'll try unintall this version and install the latest version and see if this resolves the problem. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your help.

Friday, January 18, 2008 1:57 AM
  • Hi,

VC# 2008 Express Beta 2 registration server is taken down because of VS 2008 RTM release. You can try to download VC# 2008 RTM from this website - http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/. After you install VC# 2008 Express RTM, you can try to get a register key through "Help" -> "Register Product" in VC# 2008 Express IDE using your windows live account and register it to see if it works on your side.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:35 AM