none
using OverwriteReadOnlyFiles with msbuild at a command line

Question

• I am trying to build a solution/project from a command prompt using msbuild, however when the files are checked in our vss they are read only, i cannot seem to get the verwriteReadOnlyFiles property correct can someone help
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• I am trying to build a solution/project from a command prompt using msbuild, however when the files are checked in our vss they are read only, i cannot seem to get the verwriteReadOnlyFiles property correct can someone help

And how is that question in any way related to visual basic? I would think you should post that in a visual studio forum or somewhere else.

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

Welcome to MSDN Forum!

I have moved this thread to MSBuild forum for better response.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Franklin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:23 AM
  • What files are readonly? Sounds like you may have your bin/obj folders checked into source control which is not something you want to do.

Mike

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:04 AM