none
[MS-OXOCAL] - PidLidRecurrenceType prop is missing from a calendar entry created from OWA 2010

Answers

• Blackfield, if you could send an e-mail to dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com and reference this thread I can follow up with you about this offline.

Thank you.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Sr. Support Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:36 PM
  • Hi Jonahton, I have been able to confirm that the PidLidRecurrenceType  property is optional as well. I will file a similar request to have the description updated.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Blackfield,

A colleague will contact you to follow up on this issue.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Monday, July 12, 2010 6:09 PM
  • Blackfield, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.
    Josh Curry (jcurry) | Sr. Support Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Monday, July 12, 2010 6:53 PM
  • I also notice that appointment and non recurrence meeting request that are created from OWA 2010 are missing PidLidClipStart and PidLidClipEnd(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee158152(EXCHG.80).aspx).

PidLidClipEnd is listed as one of the props on the following link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee219412(EXCHG.80).aspx

Again, appointment and meeting request created from Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 and OWA 2003, 2007 have the PidLidClipEnd prop.

Friday, July 16, 2010 5:31 PM
  • Blackfield, thank you for the additional details. I am still looking into this and will let you know when I have more information.
    Friday, July 16, 2010 7:30 PM
  • Blackfield, I have found out that the document [MS-OXOCAL] is correct and the properties are still required. A bug has been filed against Exchange Server 2010 for the issue that you found with OWA.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:34 PM
  •  

Do you know the release vehicle for this fix?

If you are not aware of it, could you update this thread when you do?

Thanks...

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:58 PM
  • Blackfield, if you could send an e-mail to dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com and reference this thread I can follow up with you about this offline.

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:36 PM
  • This still appears to be an issue in Exchange 2010 SP3. Appointments created internally in Exchange 2010 OWA do not populate the PidLidClipStart and PidLidClipEnd. When will this be addressed?

Jonahton

Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:59 AM
  • Hi Jonahton

Thank you for brining this to our attention. A support engineer will be in touch shortly to assist further.

Regards.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:25 PM
  • Hi Jonahton, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:09 PM
  • Hi Jonahton, the PidLidClipStart and PidLidClipEnd properties are not required by Exchange Server. I have filed a request to have the documentation updated with this information.

The communication and behavior of OWA is not covered by the Exchange Server protocol documentation. If you have any other questions related to OWA behavior or development you might want to post them on one of the following forums.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exchangesvrclients

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exchangesvrdevelopment

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:42 PM
  • Josh,

Thanks for the update. I will pose the questions in the other Forums. Is the PidLidRecurrenceType not required? These are the fields that are not populated whether it is internal or external from OWA

Monday, July 08, 2013 1:48 PM
  • Hi Jonahton, I will look into that other property for you as well and let you know what I find out.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 2:07 AM
  • Hi Jonahton, I have been able to confirm that the PidLidRecurrenceType  property is optional as well. I will file a similar request to have the description updated.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:09 PM