none
VS2010 ReportViewer control version 10 error with displaying SSRS 2008 r2 reports

    Question

  • Hi I am stuck with the following issue.....I am attempting to utilise a ReportViewer control in vb.net (VS2010) locally. Please note I have set the ReportViewer processing mode to remote. The SSRS 2008 r2 server has been setup, I can create/upload/view reports via the SQL server reporting services browser console. I have set the ReportServerURl = "http:/Server/ReportServer and ReportPath="/filename" (file is not within any folder). I have not setup anything on the the Visual Studio 2010 intranet project besides referencing the appropriate Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms namespace...Register Assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0".

    When I attempt to hard code and bring back a report it gives me the following error: The report execution ...... has expired or cannot be found. (rsExecutionNotFound). I had attempted to simplify the report to only include a Title so no SQL logic...just trying to get it to serve up the report. Also the green loading symbol does appear before showing the above message.

    I have also checked the error log on SSRS Server which gave me the following:

    Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerStorageException:  , An error occurred within the report server database.  This may be  due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the  database.;  session!ReportServer_0-2!b9c!09/25/2013-15:44:27:: e  ERROR: Error in getting session data: Session 0zrzre3htznibz45jzppzv45  does not belong to    session!ReportServer_0-2!b9c!09/25/2013-15:44:27:: i INFO:  LoadSnapshot: Item with session: 0zrzre3htznibz45jzppzv45, reportPath:  /test2, userName:  not found in the database   library!ReportServer_0-2!b9c!09/25/2013-15:44:27:: e ERROR: Throwing  Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException:  ,  Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException:  The report execution 0zrzre3htznibz45jzppzv45 has expired or cannot be  found.;  webserver!ReportServer_0-2!b9c!09/25/2013-15:44:27:: e ERROR:  Reporting Services error  Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException:  The report execution 0zrzre3htznibz45jzppzv45 has expired or cannot be  found.      at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.HttpClientRequest.InitForRequest(CatalogItemContext  context, UserContext userCtx)      at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderReport()      at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.DoStreamedOperation(StreamedOperation  operation)      at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderPageContent()      at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderPage()  library!WindowsService_1!918!09/25/2013-15:51:15:: i INFO: Call to  CleanBatch()  library!WindowsService_1!918!09/25/2013-15:51:15:: i  INFO: Cleaned 0 batch records, 0 policies, 4 sessions, 0 cache  entries, 0 snapshots, 0 chunks, 0 running jobs, 0 persisted streams, 0  segments, 0 segment mappings, 0 edit sessions.   library!WindowsService_1!918!09/25/2013-15:51:15:: i INFO: Call to  CleanBatch() ends

    I checked the security setup on the DB so as to rule out incorrect username, for which nothing appeared out of place... I then checked against the Users table within the Report DB on Report Server. I could then see that the domain was missing from the username i.e. dom\user1...so it was just user1.

    Did the following checks and test to no avail:

    1) Downloaded a report off the report server and display under local mode in ReportViewer resulting in the following error: An error occured during local report processing. The definition of the report '\test.rdl' is invalid. The report definition is not valid. Details: The report definition has an invalid target namespace 'schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2010/01/…; which cannot be upgraded.

    2) Also I had created Report in SQL Server BIDS 2008 AND 2005 with just a title(no data source or fields). It rendered correctly locally. Also both were uploaded to SSRS server and viewable on reporting services browser console. Still unable to use ReportViewer in conjunction with SSRS server 2008 r2

    ReportViewer code for remote processing:               

    ReportViewer1.ProcessingMode = Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ProcessingMode.Remote                ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl = New Uri("http://<server name>/ReportServer_MSSQLSERVER")   'Path to sever                   ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportPath = "/Report2"

    Thank you!

    Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:56 PM