none
Setting up the My Family under Windows Phone 8

Question

• I follow the instruction posted on Windows Phone website on how to setup the My Family part. It turns out is very troubling, first of all I can't find anywhere on the "My Family" page the "Get Started" button.

On the other hand, when I tried to get some apps from the app store, it kept on asking me to get my parents to sign me up first. I REALLY don't understand how to fix this. I don't see how I can get my parents to sign me up since they are over 80 years old and are not computer users. 

There is no way to by pass it, so what's next? I can't even find a solution on web, anywhere ...

• Moved by Eric FleckMicrosoft employee Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:50 PM This thread is off topic. Use Answers forums for general usage questions.
    Friday, December 07, 2012 5:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• These forums are for Windows Phone application developers, not general user support. We cannot help you with your problem. You should probably try the Windows Phone site.

Friday, December 07, 2012 8:50 PM
  • I've been to the website https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/family and there isn't any 'get started' button.
    Friday, December 21, 2012 3:17 PM
  • This is what I see when I go to https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/family:

Is that not what you see?

• Proposed as answer by Dy catanyag Monday, February 25, 2013 11:55 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 5:12 PM
  • I dont see that, it says all the information except for the get started button. Now I can't use my phone to download apps :(
    • Proposed as answer by krishna oza Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:55 AM
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 3:07 PM
  • i got the same probablem 

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 5:13 PM
  • i dont see this

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

I can imagine that your Microsoft account is either incomplete or has a wrong date of birth.

Based on your problem description you appropriate age should be high enough so that it should not be required to involve your parents, right?

When you go to https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/family and logon with the same Microsoft Account as you used on your Windows Phone, please verify that you added all required account data.

In case you did not you might see a message like:

"If you want to use the Windows Phone Store with this account, you'll need to accept the Store Terms of Use."

Else see also:
    Need help with My Family? Learn more

You might need to accept the Xbox Terms of Use (this is different from the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use). Go to www.xbox.com, sign in with the child account, and follow the instructions to accept the Terms of Use.

Please let me know if you could solve this problem finally.

Best regards
    Klaus

Klaus Bassler

Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:35 PM
  • I see all except the get started butto

Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:01 AM
  • Hi,

When you do not see the "get started" button on the desktop IE, maybe your browser has to high security settings?

Please add the https://www.windowsphone.com page to the trusted sites (IE / Tools / Internet Options / Security settings...).

Which browser version do you use?

Best regards

Klaus

Klaus Bassler

Monday, December 31, 2012 10:36 AM
  • I have the same problem.. This is frustrating. I have a Lumia 920. I went to the Xbox website, agreed to everything, and I STILL cannot download anything! Please help.
    • Proposed as answer by Tlhomane Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:32 AM
    Thursday, January 03, 2013 6:58 AM
  • Till Today this problem is same.... I could not see "Get Started" button .... I checked in both IE and Firefox browser....

Kindly fix this if it is a issue....or else give proper instructions how to proceed further.... otherwise we can't download any apps in mobile....

Monday, April 01, 2013 5:17 PM
  • My mobile don't download the games ...i m very sad so my mobile gaming can't download....my family setting needed ...please help me
    • Proposed as answer by firoz mansuri Sunday, April 21, 2013 1:58 PM
    Sunday, April 21, 2013 1:57 PM
  • I follow the instruction posted on Windows Phone website on how to setup the My Family part. It turns out is very troubling, first of all I can't find anywhere on the "My Family" page the "Get Started" button.

On the other hand, when I tried to get some apps from the app store, it kept on asking me to get my parents to sign me up first. I REALLY don't understand how to fix this. I don't see how I can get my parents to sign me up since they are over 80 years old and are not computer users. 

There is no way to by pass it, so what's next? I can't even find a solution on web, anywhere ...

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:30 PM

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 3:49 PM

Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:24 PM
  • I just made another account made it much older than me, then I signed in and get started was there
    Monday, May 13, 2013 7:10 PM

Phil, I agree with you 100%. I also am unable to signup My Family. Even when I bring up the history, it shows nothing even though I bought 4 of the phones. I am hoping it wasn't a mistake getting these phones. 
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:38 PM
  • Yes ! even I didn't see GET STARTED button but to get that option u need to sign in with u r parents id ....I mean the age of u r parents account matters and then he will show u the GET STARTED button.
    • Edited by sam1610 Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:01 PM nothing
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:00 PM
  • Yes ! even I didn't see GET STARTED button but to get that option u need to sign in with u r parents id ....I mean the age of u r parents account matters and then he will show u the GET STARTED button.
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:01 PM
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:02 PM
  • the  age which u might have filled in the XBOX website may not let u download games as they think u r of kids age and u r parents approval is must for that...so setup MY FAMILY setup on u r computer by having u r parents Microsoft account
    • Edited by sam1610 Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:09 PM nothing
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:06 PM
  • it has nothing to do with u r browser...log in into windows phone website with u r parents id and go to my family then they will check the age associated with u r parents account and they will show u the GET STARTED button
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:08 PM
  • guys i think i got it. its the age. you have to go to your email account and change the age. trust me i had a lot of issues with it too.
    Sunday, July 14, 2013 12:59 PM