none
Layout field spacing versus rendering

Question

• I'm trying to minimize vertical spacing between text boxes in a heading.  I reduced the vertical height of the upper boxes, but extra space is inserted between uper and lower rows.

See design view versus rendering view below.  What do I have to do to reduce the spacing between the 1st and second row of text boxes.

Thanks,

Jnana

Jnana Sivananda

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Jnana,

I suggest that you put the content in a table instead of a set of textboxes. We need to remove the details row of the table and insert a static row. Please see the screenshot:

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:34 AM

All replies

• In your design view can you remove the space in the header underneath your second set of textboxes? By moving the line up towards them
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:40 AM
  • Are you suggesting that I insert a line below the second set of text boxes? Currently there is no line there, just the bottom of the Header.

Jnana Sivananda

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:26 PM
  • No i was just asking if there was any empty space between the second set of text boxes and the bottom of the header, it looked from your screenshot like their might be in the design view.  If there is extra space then remove it.
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 2:04 AM
  • Hi Jnana,

I suggest that you put the content in a table instead of a set of textboxes. We need to remove the details row of the table and insert a static row. Please see the screenshot:

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:34 AM
  • At first I was trying to put this parameter (versus dataset) data in the report header versus the chart header. I didn't seem to be able to even drag a table to the report header. Perhaps it expects dataset data. Anyway I ended up with another arrangement  in the  chart header, getting rid of the report header.

Jnana Sivananda

• Edited by Jnana Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:41 PM left out a couple of words
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:40 PM