none
Flat file disassembler - recoverable interchange

Question

• I am migrating a BizTalk 2006R2 application to BizTalk 2010. Upon converting the application and compiling in Visual Studio 2010, there is a compilation error for one of the pipelines which has a flat file disassembler stating -

Component 'Flat file disassembler' properties validation failed. Recoverable interchange processing requires the document spec and the trailer spec root tags to be unique.

Thanks

Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:58 AM

Answers

• If the flat file disassembler component in your pipeline uses both Document and Trailer schemas, make sure the root (or first nested child records with a tag) "Tag" specified for the document schema and trailer schemas don't match.  If they do match, the disassembler will not know when to transition from the document to the trailer during parsing which is why it was an error condition rather than a warning.

If this is not the case, delete all the generated schema C# .cs source files (<schema>.xsd.cs files) for the schemas in the project, close the solution (and all other instances of Visual Studio), re-open the solution and try recompiling the solution.

If this does not work, you can send me the zipped up solution (cleansed of any sensitive information) to my MSDN email and I can take a look.

My email is: ddownin@hotmail.com

I worked with Tony offline to get the solution working.  The fix involved the following:

1. Moving the Trailer tag to the root delimited (<CR><LF>) record and removing the tag field from the positional child record.
    2. Removing the schemas from the flat file pipeline component, saving and reopening it then re-adding the appropriate schemas.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

• Edited by David K. Downing Saturday, November 02, 2013 12:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by TonyVirk Saturday, November 02, 2013 10:19 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:17 PM

All replies

• If the Trailer Specification is required, you can make a copy of the Schema you're using now, change the root element name, then set the copy as the Trailer Specification.

For Flat Files, the element names don't influence parsing.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:30 PM
  • If the flat file disassembler component in your pipeline uses both Document and Trailer schemas, make sure the root (or first nested child records with a tag) "Tag" specified for the document schema and trailer schemas don't match.  If they do match, the disassembler will not know when to transition from the document to the trailer during parsing which is why it was an error condition rather than a warning.

If this is not the case, delete all the generated schema C# .cs source files (<schema>.xsd.cs files) for the schemas in the project, close the solution (and all other instances of Visual Studio), re-open the solution and try recompiling the solution.

If this does not work, you can send me the zipped up solution (cleansed of any sensitive information) to my MSDN email and I can take a look.

My email is: ddownin@hotmail.com

I worked with Tony offline to get the solution working.  The fix involved the following:

1. Moving the Trailer tag to the root delimited (<CR><LF>) record and removing the tag field from the positional child record.
    2. Removing the schemas from the flat file pipeline component, saving and reopening it then re-adding the appropriate schemas.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

• Edited by David K. Downing Saturday, November 02, 2013 12:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by TonyVirk Saturday, November 02, 2013 10:19 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:17 PM
  • Many thanks for your assistance on this David

Regards, Tony

Saturday, November 02, 2013 10:19 AM