none
VISUAL FOX VFP6 REPORT TO EXCEL

Question

• A report generated thru visual foxpro .frx is to the exported to Excel 2003 for further formatting and integration with other existing Excel file. kindly help

Or if the output is atleast generated as a plain txt file (as in the case of DOS FPD26), I can open the same in Excel and use further. 

The report is generated after considerable process and hence suggestion to open the dbf itself in excel to accomplish the requirement is not expected.

with regards

Rangarajan

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Check the following link, it will give you necessary info: http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~FRX2XLS

Demo is available.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:19 AM
  • Good day Tamarapu,

Try this one if you have report to be generated just make also a database for the corresponding reports and export that on excel file.  See example below:

set defa to c:\networks
         mkdir excelfile
         use c:\networks\dbase\tblnetwork.dbf
         copy to c:\networks\excelfile\nettlsp.xls type xl5

The example above to give you an idea to export the database to excel file and this will be connected at report .frx file by means of dragging all the fields on Report Generator, from Data Environment by adding the database.

Thanks and Regards,

Cheers...

Hi Jurgen,

I accidentally click the proposed answer, moderator please delete my message...apology for the clicking propose as answer...

• Proposed as answer by radical93 Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:00 PM
    • Edited by radical93 Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:39 PM Apology...
    • Marked as answer by Chao Kuo Wednesday, November 03, 2010 10:50 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Chao Kuo Wednesday, November 03, 2010 10:50 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Chao Kuo Wednesday, November 03, 2010 10:51 AM
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:00 PM
  • Hi Radical93,

As the poster already said: Opening (or copying) the original DBF to Excel is not what he needs. He wants the XLS including all the grouping, aggregation etc he already did in the report.   Thus your self-proposed (!) answer isn't really the answer, therfor please reset that assignment. Normally the poster itself decides what the most helpful answer is, and he will set that flag.

wOOdy
    Microsoft Visual FoxPro Technology Advisor
    Microsoft "Most Valuable Professional" from 1996 to 2009
    Visit my XING profile!

*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´. (¸.·` *
    .·`.Visual FoxPro: It's magic !
    (¸.·``··*

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:06 PM
  • I think the service/utility is not free.

Can I redirect the REPO FORM ... to a TXT file as in the case of DOS FOX.

Rangarajan

Friday, October 29, 2010 10:58 AM
  • Yes, you may export the report output to ASCII file:

REPORT FORM YourReport TO FILE SomeFile ASCII

More info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8fzd6s9f(VS.80).aspx

• Marked as answer by Chao Kuo Wednesday, November 03, 2010 10:52 AM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 11:27 AM
  • thanq very much.   TXT file generated which I could open in Excel.

Rangarajan

Friday, November 19, 2010 11:46 AM
  • When the report form width is considerable (land scape 8.50 width),  many fields appear truncated in TXT file, though the report is shown without any trucation in visual foxpro report form preview (REPO FROM rpt1 PREVIEW). Hence I am not able to open the output in Excel without truncation of data in various fields caputred thru FRX.

If I can give lot of space between the fields in the REPORT FROM (FRX), then they are appearing fully in the TXT file.  But how to incerase the width of the FRX to any extent. Or is there any way to generate the TXT file as shown the PREVIEW without trucation.

The command I used is

REPO FORM rpt1 TO FILE  file1 ASCII  .. which generated a hightly trucated (every field is trucated, not end of line trucation) output TXT file.  No trucation is report preview.

kindly help

Rangarajan

Friday, February 25, 2011 8:32 AM