none
I keep getting Brazil Virtual Machines

Question

• All my machines keep being placed to a Brazil Virtual Machine. This is bad for two reasons:

1) My IP is a Brazil IP and I need an american one

2) I live in west US and not Brazil.

This is an image of the whatismyip page:

Thursday, May 01, 2014 3:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    I am so sorry for my mistake.
    According to this, Microsoft is working on updating IP registration based on Microsoft Azure datacenter regions. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience and understanding.
    Best regards,
    Susie

• Marked as answer by minicl55 Friday, May 23, 2014 1:36 PM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 9:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that the Brazil IP addresses are involved in US East region. Windows Azure will open a new region -Brazil, maybe Brazil IP addresses will be assigned to Brazil region later. Sorry for the inconvenience.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/archive/2013/12/04/expanding-windows-azure-capacity-brazil.aspx

In addition, how many VMs are there in that Cloud Service? You can try to shut down all the VMs in a cloud service to the status of stopped (Deallocated) if this won’t make influence to you, so that the public IP address associated with that service will be released. The next time you start a VM in that cloud service, the public IP address will be changed. However, it cannot ensure that it will assign an American IP address for the cloud service.

Best regards,

Susie

Friday, May 02, 2014 1:58 AM
  • This really isn't an answer.

- Yes, we know there is a Brazil datacenter now.

- Deallocating/restarting constantly gives you a brazil IP consistiently.

Why are no red flags being thrown up on this?

How can we get US-EAST IP's?

PLEASE!

Thursday, May 08, 2014 7:00 PM
  • That isn't the answer.

The question is how do VMs in the US East get US IP addresses?  Currently they're being assigned addresses from Brazil, which is erroneous.

Please correct, or advise a workaround.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 11:06 AM
  • Hi,
    I am so sorry for my mistake.
    According to this, Microsoft is working on updating IP registration based on Microsoft Azure datacenter regions. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience and understanding.
    Best regards,
    Susie

• Marked as answer by minicl55 Friday, May 23, 2014 1:36 PM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 9:00 AM
  • Several months later.... and NO CHANGE.

:: sigh ::

Monday, September 15, 2014 3:00 PM