none
SQL Server connection on Framework 4.5.1

Question

• Hi Microsoft,

What other privileges do we need to use our computers?!

We have a problem here with all .Net applications that use SQL connection  since  the new 4.5.1 Framework is installed. Even when I create a new application in VS 2012 I cannot see any of databases on our server. The VS creates an error when try to, regardless the chosen framework number.

There are about 100 computers in my department and we have to uninstall the new Framework on each of them as we want our apps to work.

After uninstalling 4.5.1 and reinstalling 4.5 everything works fine.

We did try the  “Netsh winsock reset” and reset computers many times. It helped once but with reinstalling the application and it worked only till next launch.

We have SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 (no antivirus on the server).

We have also found that some of our ClickOnce applications (not only SQL connecting) need to be reinstalled to work on many computers (randomly) after FW 4.5.1 installation.

/Adam 
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

Thank you for your question. 

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Allen Li

Allen Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 20, 2013 6:20 AM
  • Hello,

Please refer to the following article, it should help-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2568167

Thanks,

-Sandeep.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 11:38 AM
  • Hello,

Finally I have found a solution by myself. It was very, very easy.

But the link you sent... Well, I've lost a lot of time trying to understand it. And I’m afraid it has nothing in common with my question.

Thanks anyway.

/Adam

• Edited by LLAdam Thursday, February 06, 2014 9:23 AM
    Thursday, February 06, 2014 9:22 AM
  • Hello,

As you have found a solution, please , could you share it ?

It could be useful for other visitors having to solve a similar problem.

Thanks beforehand and have a nice day.

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

Thursday, February 06, 2014 10:24 PM
  • Creating a new database connection to MS SQL Server on (and for) computers with FW 4.5.1 I had to change Data provider from default  SQL Server to OLE DB. Other way the VS crushes with No Response error. It worked fine before updating to 4.5.1. The strange thing is that there is no need to change this setting on our Swedish computers. This problem only appears on Polish ones regardless the server location.

/Adam

Friday, February 07, 2014 7:31 AM