none
Removing the need for dbo. prefix

Question

• Hi,

I'm pretty new to SQL server and although my problem is pretty common from what I've read so far, no answer has popped up.

I've migrated our administration software solution from MDB structure to SQL structure. This has proven useful and has been working flawlessly for some time. Now a new piece of software we're using is causing me some headache. It also has the option to use either MDB or SQL type databases. It accesses and appends the same data that the administration software does so it is set to SQL mode. It gives me an error 'invalid object name' when I try to access the data. the table it states in the error is present but it has the prefix dbo. in front of it. That has to be the cause of the problem because if I copy the database to MDB format, the dbo prefix is gone and the software package can read the tables normally.

I've been reading some stuff about schemas but I'm left with more questions than answers. I'll catch up on some reading on schemas, users and roles as soon as I fix this issue so can someone please tell me: How do I make this so that the dbo. prefix doesn't need to be added because I can't alter this behavior from within the new program.

Thanks!

Friday, March 21, 2014 8:48 AM

All replies