none
SSRS Passing all values from a column under a group.

Question

• The below report is a view of expense report grouped by Parent IDs.   The issue I’m having is in the Total Expense drill down. 

The values 12345000,12345001,12345002,56789000 all come from one parameter ChildIDs

Currently, Total Expenses drill passes in the childIDs as the parameters.  The problem is that its passing in all the ChildIDs.  I would like to have it only pass in ChildIDs (in green) that belong to the Parent.  Here are few things I tried
    1. Just passing the actual child id field from the Dataset.  Doing this only passes the first item.
    2. Tried using =Joint function and that didn’t work either.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:44 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Based on your descritpion, it seems that you create subreport in the main report to display the detail valus of ChildID in the subreport for each ParentID. In order to meet your requirment, you can add a new parameter "ParentID" in the subreport and pass the values of  field "Parent" to the subreport. Please refer to the following steps:
    1.In the subreport, create a new parameter named "ParentID" and specify the parameter allow multiple values.
    2.Specify the dataset of the subreport and filter the report data by parameters:"ParentID" and "ChildID".
    3.In the Main report,  insert the subreport into the data region within the group, and specify the parameters of the subreport as follows:
    Name:ParentID; Values:[Parent]
    Name:ChildID; Values:[@ChildIDs]

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click  here.

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:57 AM