none
Do you know the way I could get the %Complete without unmark the "Link to project" option for every subproject?

Question

• I am using a MS Project 2010 for a huge project with a lot of subprojects.

Weekly I must present the total %Complete for the whole project.

First I open every subproject and Update the %complente

Then I open the Consolidate project and try to get the total %Complete but I can´t, what I am doing is

For each subproject unmark the "Link to project" after that I got a huge project with thousand of task then "Update" and finally I got the %Complete

Do you know the way I could get the %Complete without unmark the "Link to project" option for every subproject?

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:38 PM

All replies

• Tialani,

For your Master Project and for each of your sub-projects, go to File/Options/Schedule/Calculation and make sure "Calculate project after each edit" is selected.

Then in your Master Project, expose the Project Summary Task (i.e. Task #0). Your % Complete for the total Master Project should roll-up and be displayed in the Project Summary task.

• Edited by Edward Hanna Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:39 AM Remove signature
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:38 AM
  • Edward thank you for the answer.

Currently the master project and sub projects already has the configuration mentioned and the %complete isn´t updated.

Do you know another possible way to do it?.

Friday, November 01, 2013 3:50 PM
  • Tlalani --

To see the % Complete for the master project, you need to display the Project Summary Task (Row 0 or Task 0).  To display the Project Summary Task, click the Format tab to display the Format ribbon, and then select the Project Summary Task checkbox at the right end of the ribbon.  After doing this, you should now see the % Complete value for the entire master project.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, November 01, 2013 7:34 PM
  • Dale thank you for the answer

Currently my master project has the summary task and it doesn´t calculate the %complete

Do you know another solution?

Monday, November 04, 2013 3:42 PM
  • Tlalani,

I noticed that you have asked this same question in another thread--in a slightly different manner.  One thread should suffice.  Don't need all these busy experts answering things twice.

I suggest that you conduct a test.  Create a couple of one-task projects (e.g. Project 1 and Project 2), report some % Complete on each, and then insert both into Test Master Project. 

If you can get this Test Master Project to show the rolled-up % Complete, then it will isolate the problem a bit.

• Edited by Edward Hanna Monday, November 04, 2013 7:29 PM Remove signature
    Monday, November 04, 2013 7:29 PM