none
Error when attempting importing Solution into a new CRM Installation on the same domain.

Question

• Hi All,

I am getting the following message when I attempt to import customizations/Solution into a new CRM installation on the same domain.

"Failure: account: A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support."

Originally the "Account" entity was named "Organisation" I changed it back because of this error hoping it would solve the importing issues, however this still did not work. The error appears to point to the "Account". There are normal customizations in this item, some additional many to many... no JavaScript whatsoever.

Any suggestions please?

Regards

RVB

Rudravarma Batta

Monday, September 03, 2012 3:20 PM

Answers

• Is this a managed solution that you are trying to import into the new installation?

If it is a managed solution, this is something I ran into it in our UR8 environment.  If you look at the fixes listed in UR10, this is one of them:

Assume that you try to import a solution that converts unmanaged components to managed components. If the managed solution contains entity maps, the solution import fails. Additionally, you receive an error message that resembles the following:

Found 1 dependency records where unmanaged component is the parent of a managed component. First record (dependentcomponentobjectid = 36fc8cb9-3b5e-e111-a9ca-00155d42da0e, type = AttributeMap, requiredcomponentobjectid = 908685b1-3b5e-e111-a9ca-00155d42da0e, type= EntityMap, solution = e70812bd-e237-4e3a-9517-546b77024319)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2710577

It says the released a critical on demand fix for this issue, but I have no idea how you would get it.

To fix, you need to unzip the solution file and then edit customizations.xml and remove the attributemaps section of the entity that is causing problems.  So, for instance, you would take this:

<EntityMap>
          <EntitySource>account</EntitySource>
          <EntityTarget>contact</EntityTarget>
          <AttributeMaps>
            <AttributeMap>
              <AttributeSource>fax</AttributeSource>
              <AttributeTarget>fax</AttributeTarget>
            </AttributeMap>
            <AttributeMap>
              <AttributeSource>ownerid</AttributeSource>
              <AttributeTarget>ownerid</AttributeTarget>
            </AttributeMap>
          </AttributeMaps>
        </EntityMap>

And remove the <AttributeMap> nodes, leaving an empty <AttributeMaps>:

<EntityMap>
          <AttributeMaps>
           </AttributeMaps>
    </EntityMap>

Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Rudra,

There could be different reason for this, I will suggest you to enable tracing and check for error details there or share error details here

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, September 03, 2012 4:29 PM
  • Hi I have rollup update 8 which should be fine?

This is the following error that I am getting. I upgraded DB from CRM 4.0 to CRM 2011 and trying to import new solution file where I am getting the following error.

Rudravarma Batta

Friday, September 07, 2012 10:47 AM
  • Hi All,

I am getting the following message when I attempt to import customizations/Solution into a new CRM installation on the same domain.

"Failure: account: A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support."

Log Error:

<entity LocalizedName="Account"
    OriginalName="Account"
    Description="Person or business to which the salesperson tries to sell a product or service. The company billed in business transactions.
    " id="Account" processed="true">
    <result result="failure" errorcode="0x80044150"
    errortext="Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'MetadataSchema.AttributeLookupValue' with unique index 'NDX_AttrLookupValAttrIdEntityIdCompState'. The duplicate key value is (3343d9f8-8b3b-45de-881f-4501a34e29de, 8, 0, fd140aae-4df4-11dd-bd17-0019b9312238, Jan  1 1900 12:00AM).&#xD;&#xA;The statement has been terminated." datetime="15:51:00.46" datetimeticks="634830618604685149" /></entity>

Please anyone give me resolution for this.

Thanks in Advance

RVB

Rudravarma Batta

Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:11 AM
  • You need to enable tracing on the CRM server to see what the 'actual' SQL error is.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907490

It might be timing out, check this article for tips on importing large customization files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918609

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:12 PM
  • Is this a managed solution that you are trying to import into the new installation?

If it is a managed solution, this is something I ran into it in our UR8 environment.  If you look at the fixes listed in UR10, this is one of them:

Assume that you try to import a solution that converts unmanaged components to managed components. If the managed solution contains entity maps, the solution import fails. Additionally, you receive an error message that resembles the following:

Found 1 dependency records where unmanaged component is the parent of a managed component. First record (dependentcomponentobjectid = 36fc8cb9-3b5e-e111-a9ca-00155d42da0e, type = AttributeMap, requiredcomponentobjectid = 908685b1-3b5e-e111-a9ca-00155d42da0e, type= EntityMap, solution = e70812bd-e237-4e3a-9517-546b77024319)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2710577

It says the released a critical on demand fix for this issue, but I have no idea how you would get it.

To fix, you need to unzip the solution file and then edit customizations.xml and remove the attributemaps section of the entity that is causing problems.  So, for instance, you would take this:

<EntityMap>
          <AttributeMaps>
            <AttributeMap>
              <AttributeSource>fax</AttributeSource>
              <AttributeTarget>fax</AttributeTarget>
            </AttributeMap>
            <AttributeMap>
              <AttributeSource>ownerid</AttributeSource>
              <AttributeTarget>ownerid</AttributeTarget>
            </AttributeMap>
          </AttributeMaps>
        </EntityMap>

And remove the <AttributeMap> nodes, leaving an empty <AttributeMaps>:

<EntityMap>
          <AttributeMaps>
           </AttributeMaps>
    </EntityMap>

Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:58 PM
  • Hi Julia,

Excellent. I sorted it out by following your method.

Thanks a lot for saving my time.

Kind Regards

RVB

Rudravarma Batta

Monday, September 17, 2012 8:45 AM