none
What is the best way to study for the 70-646 exam?

Question

• I have the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator Self Paced Training Kit (Books & CD's) and I have set-up a virtual lab with host running 4 virtual machines for the practicals in the book. 

I have now read the 70-646 book from cover to cover twice and completed all of the practical exercises.  I have now moved on to the practice tests on the accompanying CD.

Is there a better way to prepare for the exam at home?

I have purchased an MCITP practice exam from the internet, but the questions are very different from the ones on the Microsoft Press CD.  I went through half of the non Microsoft test and really struggled as the content was so different to the self paced books and it has worried me.

• Edited by TriAquaman Monday, July 16, 2012 12:36 PM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:47 PM

Answers

• That's essentially how i've studied for all of my MS exams thus far. Make sure that studied the 2nd edition books as they have updated 2008 to reflect R2.

There are some other materials out there but i haven't found any as easy to read as the MS books IMO.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:42 PM
  • The MS Press books are the best thing out there along with the Measure-Up questions that come with that book. If you can get an almost perfect score on the questions from the press book you will do great on the actual exam. The Measure-Up questions are harder in my opionion then the actual tests plus they have great explanations. In regard to the link you provided be very careful what study material you use. There is a ton of things on the internet that are not approved by Microsoft.
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:13 PM

All replies

• That's essentially how i've studied for all of my MS exams thus far. Make sure that studied the 2nd edition books as they have updated 2008 to reflect R2.

There are some other materials out there but i haven't found any as easy to read as the MS books IMO.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:42 PM
  • The MS Press books are the best thing out there along with the Measure-Up questions that come with that book. If you can get an almost perfect score on the questions from the press book you will do great on the actual exam. The Measure-Up questions are harder in my opionion then the actual tests plus they have great explanations. In regard to the link you provided be very careful what study material you use. There is a ton of things on the internet that are not approved by Microsoft.
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:13 PM
  • Thank you both for your responses.

I have the 2nd edition books, which I think are great, but I wish there were more questions to practice with.  I didn't know that they were 'Measure-Up' questions, I have looked at them to purchase more practice exams, but you only get 150 questions.  I still have 5 weeks to go before the exam, so I will keep reading and keep doing the practicals and practice exams that came with the books.

Really appreciate your advice, thanks.

Friday, June 22, 2012 10:04 AM