none
Small Basic and printing

Question

• I think to automate a printing procedure so that I can print 50
    pages. How do I call the printer software? In the printer software I must
    select the printer, and verify that I want to print. Is it possible to achieve this in Small Basic?
    Thank you very much.
    Tuesday, March 09, 2010 12:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Small Basic currently has no inbuilt printing capabilities - you could write an extension in VB for example to work with SmallBasic, but you would probably be better writing your app (if that is what is required) directly in something like VB or some kind of batch process (*.bat file).

Sorry, this doesn't solve you problem, but Small Basic may be worth looking at just from the point of view of an introduction to programming if you are interested in this.
    Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:45 PM
  • I actually made a simple printing extention a while back. However it wasn't up to my personal standards and I was going to completely redo it... Then my computer crashed and I lost the source code. I DO have the lib version I could upload somewhere if you were interested. I don't think it will let you select a printer. and verifying tht you want to print would be a SB programming thing I think. Eventually I am going to remake it once I have the time.
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:58 AM
  • That would make a good extension.
    Signature: Phillip Mikesell
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:36 AM
  • You can print with the data extension, made by Oskariok. Data Thread
    • Proposed as answer by AirWaves Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by litdevModerator Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:15 PM
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:01 PM