none
Error calling Initialization … COMException CLSID {25336920-03F9-11CF-8FD0-00AA00686F13} error: 8007057f

Question

• Hi,

Since some time, sometimes I get an error I really don’t understand.

It does not rise always on the same test step, but on totally different – not reproducible.

The test steps are simple things like clicking a button, asserting a button exists …

(All Winforms)

I really have no Idea what is wrong.

Error Message:

Error calling Initialization method for test class UiTets.UiTabSettings: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {25336920-03F9-11CF-8FD0-00AA00686F13} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 8007057f.

Error Stack Trace

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)

System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(RuntimeType serverType)

System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(RuntimeType serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)

System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)

System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)

System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.IE.IETestPlugin.StartSession(Boolean recordingSession)

Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework.UITestPluginManager.StartSession(Boolean recordingSession)

Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework.UITestService.StartSession(Boolean recordingSession)

Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.Playback.StartSession()

Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.Playback.Initialize()

Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.CodedUITestExtensionExecution.BeforeTestInitialize(Object sender, BeforeTestInitializeEventArgs e)

Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.TestTypes.Unit.UnitTestExecution.RaiseBeforeTestInitialize(BeforeTestInitializeEventArgs args)

Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.TestTypes.Unit.UnitTestExecuter.RunInitializeMethod()

Monday, September 23, 2013 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can try the same scenario on another machine to check if the issue will occur. If the issue only occurs on one machine, I doubt that the issue may be related to your VS/machine environment.

If the issue only occurs for the specific test on this machine, based on this thread with the same error, it seems that this issue will appear after you abort a test run: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac24149a-b36d-47fd-8be1-5f2dd81208b4/some-mystical-errors-no-reasons-not-reproducible-no-fix

Please create a new Coded UI test against some simple actions and then run to check the result. If a simple coded UI test also gets this issue, I think it is related to VS.

You also could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands to check if it can help:

• Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE
    • Devenv.exe /SafeMode: Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.
    • Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.
    • Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.
    • Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.
    • If no help, I suggest you try repairing your VS or uninstall it and then reinstall it.

Thanks,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:18 AM
  • Hello,

You can try the same scenario on another machine to check if the issue will occur. If the issue only occurs on one machine, I doubt that the issue may be related to your VS/machine environment.

If the issue only occurs for the specific test on this machine, based on this thread with the same error, it seems that this issue will appear after you abort a test run: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac24149a-b36d-47fd-8be1-5f2dd81208b4/some-mystical-errors-no-reasons-not-reproducible-no-fix

As mentioned the test error is not really reproducible.
    I tested it on a different machine - and also there it may happen (some times) to occur. Unfortunately it is not allways the same test.
    I didn't find any connection between aborted tests previous to this error.

Please create a new Coded UI test against some simple actions and then run to check the result. If a simple coded UI test also gets this issue, I think it is related to VS.

I cant see anything helpful in this. As mentioned the failed test could be as simple as clicking a simple WinForms button. Also It does not has to be the same error next time.
    When I create a new test and run it it will work 100 times and maybe also the next 100 also and than it will probably fail - or not.
    There is no grantee that in my next test run the error rises again (I daily run about 100 ordered tests).

You also could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands to check if it can help:

• Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE
    • Devenv.exe /SafeMode: Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.
    • Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.
    • Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.
    • Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.
    • If no help, I suggest you try repairing your VS or uninstall it and then reinstall it.

I tested it already on different Machines, with/without plugins.
    It is not easy to verify if a configuration also got the same problem because the error is not reproducible - so this take some time.

Info about the Environment:Windows 7, VS2010 all updated.

• Edited by HeeTom Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:48 PM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:46 PM
  • Hello,

Please make sure you have installed Windows 7 SP1 and VS2010 SP1.

Since this error is not reproducible easily, I doubt that the issue may be related to VS/machine environment. Maybe other softwares/processes conflict with VS or affect test.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:41 AM
  • Hello,

Please make sure you have installed Windows 7 SP1 and VS2010 SP1.

Since this error is not reproducible easily, I doubt that the issue may be related to VS/machine environment. Maybe other softwares/processes conflict with VS or affect test.

Yes, Windows & VS2010 are Up to date  (SP & P).

But I also seen this error on other machines. (Windows 7 and Vista Machines).

I hoped, that there is a way to get the Framework offer more information about what the problem is.
    With this generic/specific error message it is not possible to search for the real reason.

Friday, September 27, 2013 9:59 AM
  • Hello,

You can refer to this blog to enable VS2010 log:

http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/shair/archive/2010/05/23/how-to-enable-visual-studio-2010-log.aspx

In order to collect more log information for Coded UI test, please see: How To: Enable Tracing for “UI Test” Components

Thanks,

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 30, 2013 6:02 AM
  • I'll try enabling more logging to see where the problem comes from ...

But is there a way to change the Path where the trace files of the UI Tests are stored?

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 10:42 AM
  • Hello,

In the QTAgent32.exe.config, I don't see an option used to modify the log path. I am afriad that it is not possible.

Best regards,

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, October 03, 2013 8:27 AM
  • The error reoccurred and I tried to look in the trace files.
    But the Folders created in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\UITestLogs\ (LastRun, PreviousRun1, ...) are all empty ...
    On C: there is no other folder named "UITestLogs"

In QTAgent32.exe.config I set: <add name="UITestTraceLevel" value="4" />

The Tests are started via MSTest.

Is anything wrong with that?

Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:40 PM