none
Issue with Tablix on reports

Question

• Hello, 

SSRS 2008R2.

We have a report that has a tablix in the detail section. Most times there are no issues but occasionally the tablix will stop showing data, and the current fix is to reopen the report in BIDs and recreate the tablix. I am trying to find examples of same issuewith no luck so far. Unsure of cause.

Thanks

Mike 

Friday, December 06, 2013 4:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you please elaborate. I know this sounds vague, but can you think of any change that you are doing that might be causing it? Sometimes browser issues causes this type of odd things. Or may be a connectivity issue? Possibilities are so many! Does the tablix headers render? Can you put a test data in a text box or something in the same report and source it from the same data source as the tablix? Then see if the text box fails to display the data when tablix fails.
    Friday, December 06, 2013 8:53 PM
  • Hello,

The report will have no change, and function correctly for some amount of time, weeks, days, and no issues. Then, with no change deployed, suddenly the tablix fails to show. There is data in the dataset, and I do not believe it is a data related issue. If I modify the report by rebuilding the same tablix, and no change to the data, it will show fine. Other areas of the report show as well without issue, including other "parallel" tablix areas (same type of data, different date ranges, on same detail/group areas)

Friday, December 06, 2013 9:16 PM
  • Hi Mike,

According to your description, the issue is only occurred in one report. Based on my search, there may be something wrong in the report xml caused this issue. Please copy the report code to a new report and running it to check.

Alternative, we can recreate a same report, and compare these XML code. There is a similar issue, you can refer to it.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/3f4d44f1-0564-4adb-bc53-470ef040bd39/bids-crashes-when-trying-to-preview-report-ssrs-2008-r2?forum=sqlreportingservices

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Alisa Tang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 6:28 AM