none
Waiting Online!!! Template is not working!!!

Question

• Hi there,

I'm stuck on this problem for the whole day! Here is the setting I did in PWA. I tried all of possible setting. However, the site still cannot be applied the template after I publish a project to PWA. Please please give me some help if you know what happened?

Thanks a lot!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Did you activate the template from Solution Gallery

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Yes, I did. I don't know why it is not applied ....TTTTT.....
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:00 PM
  • Is this template is based on SharePoint or Project Site?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:28 PM
  • Yes. I have both of Project server and sharepoint server. I created a project originally in Project professional and then published to PWA. I expect that the site created in PWA should be the one used template, instead of the default site. I did all of changes I knew, but it still display as the default site. I have 12 subsites below one project, which means I have to change the site layout one by one, totally 12 times. So, a template for subsite is necessary.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:38 PM
  • Hello,

What EPT is the new site template associated with? The SharePoint Tasks List EPT only? If so this will explain why you are not seeing the projects using the new template when creating the projects from Project Professional. When creating projects from Project Professional the default EPT is used, looking at your screen shot the default EPT is the Enterprise Project EPT. Associate the new site template to this EPT and retest creating the project from Project Professional. Alternatively create the new projects from the Project Center and select the correct EPT from there.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:50 PM
  • Thanks a lot!!!  I think I ready associate the new site template to the Enterprise Project EPT. Please look at this

I choosed the Project site Template here. Doesn't it mean that I already associate the template to this EPT?

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:59 PM
  • that is correct. What do you see in the Project Serve Queue, does the site creation fail? This is probably related to your other question: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/d73aff90-849d-4f57-b321-c89bad85df18/failed-to-create-a-subsite-by-using-template

I would look at maybe creating the new site template again, ensuring you create a new site from the Project Site template, modify the site as required then save this as the new site template.

Thanks

Paul

• Marked as answer by SillyBird Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:15 PM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:08 PM
  • Thank you very much, Paul! But I'm still a little confused. You said " create a new site from the Project Site template", what is the Project Site Template, do you mean the template I created? I did not see any template, except the one I created.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:33 PM
  • Hi,

Create a new site from the default Project Site template. See the steps below:

• Navigate to the PWA site
    • Click the Cog on the top right corner
    • Click Site Contents
    • Scroll down past the Lists, Libraries and other Apps then click Add a new subsite link
    • Give the site a name and URL, select Project Site on the Collaboration tab
    • Click Create
    • Modify this new site as required
    • Save as a template
    • Set the new site template on the EPT's

Paul

• Marked as answer by SillyBird Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:08 PM
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:00 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help! I already did the steps you listed above. However, I found the process failed, which means that I even failed to create a subsite. Then I found the error information  from the Queue. This problem is odd. It seems like it happened after I tried creating template.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:14 PM
  • If you look in Central Admin, look at the Health Reports (Monitoring > Review Problems and Solutions), do you have any errors relating to missing server side dependencies? Looks like you have a missing feature. Have you deployed and removed and custom features recently that might not have been removed correctly?

Paul

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:24 PM