none
Document Version history - Target Audience is shown as a GUID

Question

• Hi,

I have a document library in MOSS 2007 with versioning and audience targetting enabled on it. I have configured a few audiences in the SSP. When I target my document to a particular audience in the document library it works fine. If I go to the version hisotry of that document, it shows me the version history and the audience for that version. The problem is that Audience are appearing as GUID not the actual audience name.

Can someone, please answer that why its like this and what I need to do to show audience name instead of its GUID. I checked the audience compilation and there are not errors.

Thanks a lot,

Kabad
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 5:39 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately its the way product is designed. Even when you access the list programmatically, you only get GUID and not name. We had to settle to custom web parts/ pages to overcome this issue.

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Friday, July 17, 2009 8:33 AM
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can anybody help me regarding this please.

Thanks,

Kabad
    Thursday, July 09, 2009 7:49 PM
  • Unfortunately its the way product is designed. Even when you access the list programmatically, you only get GUID and not name. We had to settle to custom web parts/ pages to overcome this issue.

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Friday, July 17, 2009 8:33 AM
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:24 AM
  • Thanks for you reply. Its makes sense to use GUID when you access a list programatically, but from an end user point of view they have no idea what a GUID is, all they want to see is a title about the Audience so that they can find out that what item is targetted to which audience. I believe there should be a way around this except modifying the pages.
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:50 PM
  • a workaround is to create a custom web part that displays the Audience for the versioned item.

Serge Luca; blog: http://www.redwood.be
    Monday, July 13, 2009 7:07 PM