none
New WM 6.5 SDK (not DTK) are available - AT LAST!

All replies

• Cool. Please post anything new of interest you find in the SDK - I'm too lazy to check it out right away :)

Saturday, January 23, 2010 10:26 PM
  • For starters it adds a Widget project type and includes the 6.5.3 emulators. After installing it I lost Windows Mobile 6.5 as a target platform in Visual Studio and the emulator manager lost all references to the Windows Mobile 6.x emulators. I unstalled the 6.0/.1 emulators and SDK and did a repair install on the 6.5 SDK. After doing this I was able to target 6.5 devices. Took me a little while to figure that out so I've not yet had a chance to dig into it myself.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:54 PM
  • Same issue here.

First it unregistered WM6 + WM6.5 from VS 2008 and I had to do the Repair option in Add/Remove Programs. After repairing emulator links returned to normal. It seems that this SDK is nothing more but: WM6 SDK Refresh + WM 6.5 DTK. MS was even so lazy that they didn't even change the readmes in it. 

Two minuses from me MS: one for untested installer, and the second for Your lazines (You could include something more).
    If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered or vote for it! Thank You.
    If You think You know better then me, why is Your code not working, then don't waste my time at this forum. Otherwise - do as I'm suggesting.

I'm on MSDN just like MD House in the clinic. But I'm also a human which sometimes needs to see another doctor :)
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:08 AM
  • It looks that the WM6.5 SDK is not currently available for download. Perhaps the problems we encountered are being addressed.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Monday, January 25, 2010 4:28 PM
  • Yeah. They answered it here.
    I hope some MS guys will learn how to make install files and test them next time :).

If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered or vote for it! Thank You.
    If You think You know better then me, why is Your code not working, then don't waste my time at this forum. Otherwise - do as I'm suggesting.

I'm on MSDN just like MD House in the clinic. But I'm also a human which sometimes needs to see another doctor :)
    Monday, January 25, 2010 5:17 PM
  • The SDK was made available again today. I've installed it and so far it seems much better than the first version.   Haven't dug through it yet.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:26 AM
  • Yeah. They answered it here.
    I hope some MS guys will learn how to make install files and test them next time :).

If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered or vote for it! Thank You.

What's the problem? The link cannot be opened.
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 4:11 AM