Crystal Reports with DataSets :(

Question

• Hi all,

well i have a small problem but spent tooooo much time and can't figure out what to do

i have a .net application and using MSSQL 2000.

i added crystal reports and linked it using the Report Expert to my Table. I made the layouts and added the database fields to the new crystalreport.rpt file.

when loading the report.vb form:

Private
    Sub Report_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Dim a As CrystalReport = New CrystalReport()

CrystalReportViewer.ReportSource = a

End Sub

thank god. i can print the whole table.

now my question is that ....

in my code i created a dataset called DsSearchResults from a select from query and displayed it on a datagrid. Now i want to print only these results.

i am trying with all ways to pass the new dataset the the crystalreport and crystalreportviewer by all ways

crystalreport.SetDataSource(dsResults)

CrystalReportViewer.ReportSource = crystalreport

crystalreport.refresh
    crystalreport.refreshReport
    crystalreport.show

i don't know why it keeps showing me the whole table!
    i even tried crystalreport.setdatasource("") and i still get the whole table.

is there a way i pass the dataset programatically? i am sure i am missing something ... please help

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 1:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Here is a walkthrough on how to report off of datasets:

http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/rtm_reportingoffadonetdatasets.pdf.asp

Keith - Business Objects
    Tuesday, July 26, 2005 8:55 PM
  • hi this article was useful but i have a question.

i was just wondering about the object of report file you have created. i tried to create the same thing in my coding but didnt work. can explain me how to do that . please.

Thank you

Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:06 PM
  • you need to create two dataset,

One untyped dataset in your code and add one typed dataset in your project and create a table in it same as the output of your query.

Now in you code when you create untyped dataset like this

DataSet myDs = new DataSet("DataSet name")  //This name should be same as the name of typed dataset

In your repot Designer , remove any table you have used and use this typed dataset for designing report.

Go to Field Expert > Database fileds > Add/Remove database > More data sources > ADO.NET(XML) > browse to your typed dataset that you added to your project.

the use your code, thats it

crystalreport.SetDataSource(dsResults)

CrystalReportViewer.ReportSource = crystalreport

Friday, June 22, 2007 9:30 AM
  • hp39 - >

You must have added a report to your project

ReportName objectReport = new ReportName();

this ReportName is the class name of the report you added.

Friday, June 22, 2007 9:31 AM
  • After I used 2 dataset, untyped and typed, I fixed the problem, then now the report itself requires log in???

Before when I just let all the data in dataset which is mounted from one table, the report did not ask anything, it just displays! Oh even though it asks to log in, the info displayed is correct; first it shows the info, if we have more than 2 pages, and we hit the button to go to the next page, it will ask to enter log in info? I am working on Access database, how can i find the info of this database such as user id, username (if this differ with userid) and password (i did not set passwd)
    Oh, when it ask to log on, the field "server name" is not allowed to enter info!
    Please help!
    Wednesday, December 03, 2008 1:04 AM