microsoft device association root enumerator

Question

• msi motherboard 790x-g45, cpu  amd1090T ,radeon hd 5750 device manager says microsoft device association root enumerator with a question mark ? windows8 preview 64 bit edition
    • Moved by Neddy Ren Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:27 AM (From:Windows Forms Sample Applications)
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:53 PM

Answers

• Ah, I got what you are talking about. (I am back to my WDP setup now and can see what's in my Device Manager). You've copied the text from the Events tab instead of Details tab. My fault, I've forgotten about the new Events tab. So you are talking about this device:

I don't know what it is, but the guess is: it's a specific system device  to enumerate (i.e. check for presence) some other bus drivers.

Windows enumerates its devices to check for presence of new devices, that's how Plug'n'Play works. But it also uses Root enumerator to enumerate synthetic virtual devices; possibly that's a new feature of audio device driver specification?

Interesting!

But while it's interesting, I don't think you should bother much about that. I guess that you'll only miss some new functionality that might not yet supported in the present devices.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:48 AM

All replies

• danopontiac1,

Can you please clarify what your question is?

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 6:37 PM
  • I have also two problems something like this in my device manager of Windows 8 DP 8102 which says I can not get drivers for the following devices:

1. Lightweight Sensors Root Enumerator

2. Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator

I have also got a problem of WINDOWS EXPLORER CRASH when I use two windows explorer kept open for quite sometime to transfer files from one windows explorer to other windows explorer...

Any suggestion to resolve them please :)

Monday, October 31, 2011 12:17 PM
  • Please provide the device and vendor ids. Double-click the missing (unknown) devices in the Device Manager (the devmgmt.msc snap-in) and switch to Advanced tab (or whatever is called the last tab; I am on Russian LIP now); In the drop-down list locate the device instance IDs and copy them (just select an ID in the box below the drop-down list and press Ctrl+C). It will look like:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5B60&SUBSYS_01021043&REV_00\

or similar.

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:07 PM
  • Device SWD\MSDAS\{ce958e9a-424f-4c88-86f4-11314821e75a} was configured with null (). This what it says in info
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 11:07 PM
  • Ah, I got what you are talking about. (I am back to my WDP setup now and can see what's in my Device Manager). You've copied the text from the Events tab instead of Details tab. My fault, I've forgotten about the new Events tab. So you are talking about this device:

I don't know what it is, but the guess is: it's a specific system device  to enumerate (i.e. check for presence) some other bus drivers.

Windows enumerates its devices to check for presence of new devices, that's how Plug'n'Play works. But it also uses Root enumerator to enumerate synthetic virtual devices; possibly that's a new feature of audio device driver specification?

Interesting!

But while it's interesting, I don't think you should bother much about that. I guess that you'll only miss some new functionality that might not yet supported in the present devices.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Here is The Same Problem.. The Sound in Mi PC is terrible.. I try Reinstalling the audio driver... This no solve the problen in my case. What to do?. My Sound Card Is a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Sound Card. Is it Yours too?

I have the same problem with Explrer.exe Naobi, Always i send the information to microsoft but the problem

I sent the information to microsoft many many times... but the problem continues. Even try to eliminate the menu that displays information about files, but this  does not solve the problem.

I hope you help me if you know anything about errors

Monday, December 26, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Does it really has something in common with sound processing? I doubt. I'd investigate your manufacturer's device driver instead.
    Monday, December 26, 2011 10:08 PM
  • You can check the information about Microsoft device association root enumerator from a previous post.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/99e1a70d-32ce-4710-a874-4fb32f230c5d

Let us know if you still have questions.

Marilyn
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:28 PM
  • Thank you. I will wait to "creative" fix problems with the drivers. Regarding the problem with "explorer.exe" this disappeared. Seems to be working correctly. Happy New Year
    Sunday, January 01, 2012 2:43 PM
  • I have the same thing and i suppose it's reliable for hard disk and cd/dvd rom drives because 8 lost my dvd drive and I think the system don't see it at all.

It's sony optimarc a5200s.

Can anybody help me with that?

Monday, January 16, 2012 12:26 AM