An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party

Question

• Hi,

when trying to use a self-backed managed card in the www.fabrikam.com example I get the following error when trying to retrieve the credentials from the sample STS server.

can this be related to ACLs?

There was a failure making a WS-Trust exchange with an external application. Could not retrieve token from identity provider.

Inner Exception: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.

Inner Exception: An error occurred when processing the security tokens in the message.

Additional Information:

Microsoft.InfoCards.TrustExchangeException: Could not retrieve token from identity provider. ---> System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party.

regards,

Claudio

Monday, February 12, 2007 9:48 AM

Answers

• I found this,

this section of the app.config in the STS project was commented...

<serviceCredentials>

<serviceCertificate findValue="sts.mysite.com"
                                  storeLocation="LocalMachine"
                                  storeName="My"
                                  x509FindType="FindBySubjectName" />

<issuedTokenAuthentication allowUntrustedRsaIssuers="true"/>

</serviceCredentials>

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:21 AM

All replies

• I found this,

this section of the app.config in the STS project was commented...

<serviceCredentials>

<serviceCertificate findValue="sts.mysite.com"
                                  storeLocation="LocalMachine"
                                  storeName="My"
                                  x509FindType="FindBySubjectName" />

<issuedTokenAuthentication allowUntrustedRsaIssuers="true"/>

</serviceCredentials>

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:21 AM
  • Hi claudio32,

I am facing same problem. I have checked for web.config file of STS & it's present there. Do you know anything else which could solve my problem. I am desparately in need of this bug to be resolved.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
    Sanjay.
    Wednesday, April 01, 2009 12:35 PM
  • From another thread I found the problem to be the system clock was different between the server running the web application and the client machine. This affects the SSL communication.

I run an application with many client machines where some work fine and some have the same error. Synching the clocks (or a reboot which sometimes does this for you) is always the fix.
    Tuesday, May 05, 2009 12:55 AM
  • From another thread I found the problem to be the system clock was different between the server running the web application and the client machine. This affects the SSL communication.

I run an application with many client machines where some work fine and some have the same error. Synching the clocks (or a reboot which sometimes does this for you) is always the fix.

Thank U! This is the case!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:24 AM
  • Is there a way to disable this option (I mean synchronize clocks)? when using SSL communication or is part of SSL communication so cannot be disable?
    Monday, September 27, 2010 7:16 PM