Unable to configure Application endpoints for Workflow Services in AppFabric 1.1

Question

• Hi,

I am using AppFabric 1.1 in IIS 7.5 on windows 7 machine to host my Workflows as service. Although I am able to see System endpoints and Application Default endpoints in AppFabric console, I am not able to see my endpoints that I defined in Web.config file of the Website. Also when I add Service Reference in my client projects, I can only see default endpoint configuration values provided by AppFabric. AppFabric is clearly ignoring <Service> tag values in web.config. What could be the reason? Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks,

Vinayak

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:15 AM

Answers

• Found the reason. In the <service> section, the name property should match with the name of the workflow, only then appfabric considers it.

Vinayak

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:19 AM

All replies

• Found the reason. In the <service> section, the name property should match with the name of the workflow, only then appfabric considers it.

Vinayak

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:19 AM
  • Vinayak,

Thanks for posting your observation. I am going to check on the MSDN documentation to see if this is documented anywhere. If you did not see this anywhere, please let me know. I can talk to the AppFabric documentation team and get something up mentioning this.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:15 PM
  • Ben,

Similar problem was discussed in another thread here http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/dublin/thread/44f9bfe2-19dd-4389-b176-e2318c534d22 . I got the solution from this thread. 

Thanks,

Vinayak

Vinayak

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:49 AM