Error:Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {} failed due to the following error: 8007000e

Question

• Hi,
      I am trying to take screenshots of any open Internet Explorer. I have writen the code and it works fine when I run the site in debug mode.
      Once the site is published I get the following error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39} failed due to the following error: 8007000e.

This error is shown for the following line:
    SHDocVw.ShellWindows shellWindows = new SHDocVw.ShellWindows();

I have given permission to various files for aspnet user.

I have looked up most of the forum but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:34 PM

Answers

• Judging by the call stack, the forums at http://forums.asp.net will be more helpful.  This forum is for System.Web.Services, while those forums handle System.Web.UI as well as other subjects.

Thanks.

Monday, January 22, 2007 10:19 PM

All replies

• The error has change now. I am getting 80040154 instead of 8007000e.

The error message is:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39} failed due to the following error: 80040154.]
    _Default.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +159
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Please let me know if you have any idea of how to resolve this.
    Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Brijesh
    Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:23 PM
  • I'm seeing the same error when I try to create a new instance of a COM component in a VB.NET desktop app I built with 2.0 that I use ClickOnce to deploy.  Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated.
    Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:56 PM
  • Hey , MICROSOFT !!! Say something . Anything. Any idea ... don't leave us , Bill , please ... ! we are in big trouble. We worked hardly for something and we can't finalize . Thank you !

Monday, July 03, 2006 9:19 AM
  • The only way I was able to make this work was via COM+. I created a new COM+ server type packaged, dropped my DLL, and then exported the COM+ application via the snap-in which created an MSI. I then was able to use to install in any other server that needed my DLL. I neded to set the account under which this COM+ runs, under an account with enough privilages. This tells me in ASP.Net 2.0 the security of the worker proc that executes the pages is not privileged enough to create a new object of my DLL. Looking into machine config to resolve that... will post if I find another work around
    Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:14 PM
  • I met a similiar error when I developed a web application which had a reference to a extra com on the windows server 2003 x64 platform using vb.net 2005. The web app runs smoothly in debug mode, but once I deploy it to the IIS default web site, a 80040154 error caused by that com is reported. I do the same thing on 32 bit platform, everything is ok. why? who knows the secret about the error?

Best regards,

shang

Monday, January 22, 2007 8:38 AM
  • Judging by the call stack, the forums at http://forums.asp.net will be more helpful.  This forum is for System.Web.Services, while those forums handle System.Web.UI as well as other subjects.

Thanks.

Monday, January 22, 2007 10:19 PM
  • Hi Everyone,

I am getting same error ..on production server.We have developed .net application using MS Office 2003 activeX component (OWC11). The application running fine on our local machine.

The software  cong for  both  server is mentioned below.

production server:  Microsoft sql server 2003 R2 ,Sp2, OWC11,IIS 6.0

local server:  Microsoft sql server 2003 R2 ,Sp2, MS Office 2003 ,IIS6.0

The OWC11 has been reg properly.

I even checked for COM+ setting but still it's not working.

What is the component which needs to be there on production server to work owc11

Thanks in advance for ur help

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 7:07 AM
  • One thing i forgot to inform u that . production server machine is 64 bit and one at our end is 32 bit machine.so the root cause of this issue that OWC11 doesn't work on 64 bit machine .

please let me know  if anyone knows how to make it work on 64 bit machine or any workaround for it.

Thnks in advance

Friday, September 07, 2007 9:10 AM
  • As Nathan Anderson said a few posts back, this is the web services forum. You should ask your question on  http://forums.asp.net.

Saturday, September 08, 2007 8:39 PM
  • Hey am struck in the same situation . am getting the error on x64 Server but not on my Development machine x32.

Please help me in finding solution via COM +. how to do that ?

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:20 AM
  • As Nathan Anderson said a few posts back, this is the web services forum. You should ask your question on  http://forums.asp.net.
    John Saunders
    WCF is Web Services. They are not two separate things.
    Use WCF for All New Web Service Development, instead of legacy ASMX or obsolete WSE
    Use File->New Project to create Web Service Projects
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:31 PM