none
Dell Streak and Windows Mobile 7 - possible - yes/no and windows mob features

Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to install Windows Mobile on a Dell Streak 7 (the smaller phone).

Also 3 other questions:

1) Possible to Sync with Outlook (not on a SBS domain or Exchange Server) without using a live (online) account ie. direct sync for contacts and emails as uploading contacts on live (online) is contra to the security policy in some companies.

2) Will the cut and paste features on the old windows mobile 6.5 still be the same (i.e. emails with phone numbers and email containing addresses can easily be replied to) in windows 6.5 it was only 3 clicks for a reply and you can cut and paste contents easily too.

3) Is there a record all in and out phone messages on the phone in Android this is possible via an app.

Regardss

• Edited by fred12456 Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:22 PM general content updates
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:20 PM

Answers

• Hello,

For the first question, I think you need to ask help from the OEM. If you want to install Windows Mobile on some real device, you need get the driver for Windows Mobile first, and then based on them make a ROM, at last install it in device.

1) Possible to Sync with Outlook (not on a SBS domain or Exchange Server) without using a live (online) account ie. direct sync for contacts and emails as uploading contacts on live (online) is contra to the security policy in some companies.

You can try  this forum, Exchange Server Forums > Mobility.

2) Will the cut and paste features on the old windows mobile 6.5 still be the same (i.e. emails with phone numbers and email containing addresses can easily be replied to) in windows 6.5 it was only 3 clicks for a reply and you can cut and paste contents easily too.

I think the different application has different ways to copy and paste, so this is depending on your application.

3) Is there a record all in and out phone messages on the phone in Android this is possible via an app.

This is android problem. Please ask the OEM for help.

I hope my suggestions can help you to solve this problem.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 30, 2011 6:50 AM
  • On Thu, 26 May 2011 17:20:58 +0000, fred12456 wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to install Windows Mobile on a Dell Streak 7 (the smaller phone).

Support for Windows Mobile is always the responsibility of the OEM. For you that means
    Dell. If they don't provide a way for you to install Windows Mobile on your Streak, you
    have no legal way to do it. Several people do provide versions of Windows Mobile, and some
    are better than the OEMs. But some are way worse, and if you don't do the installation
    correctly, you can "brick" your device (disable it completely).

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hello,

For the first question, I think you need to ask help from the OEM. If you want to install Windows Mobile on some real device, you need get the driver for Windows Mobile first, and then based on them make a ROM, at last install it in device.

You can try  this forum, Exchange Server Forums > Mobility.

I think the different application has different ways to copy and paste, so this is depending on your application.

This is android problem. Please ask the OEM for help.

I hope my suggestions can help you to solve this problem.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 30, 2011 6:50 AM
  • On Thu, 26 May 2011 17:20:58 +0000, fred12456 wrote:

Hi,

Support for Windows Mobile is always the responsibility of the OEM. For you that means
    Dell. If they don't provide a way for you to install Windows Mobile on your Streak, you
    have no legal way to do it. Several people do provide versions of Windows Mobile, and some
    are better than the OEMs. But some are way worse, and if you don't do the installation
    correctly, you can "brick" your device (disable it completely).

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 4:56 PM