No test results found while performing constant load pattern

Question

• Test Rig set up : Controller and agent are installed in separate dedicated Physical machines.

web application installed on Virtual machine. The VS client and DB both are installed in same machine.

when i tried to constant load pattern for 1000 users :its working fine.

but for a 2000 constant load pattern its not giving any results. no thershold violation and no errors. the application urls returns 200 code response .

no results is starting from 1550 users constant load pattern

results is:

Tests/Sec 0
    Tests Failed 0
    Avg. Test Time (sec) 0
    Transactions/Sec 0
    Avg. Transaction Time (sec) 0

Test Results

Name Scenario Total Tests Failed Tests (% of total) Avg. Test Time (sec)
    app Scenario1 0 0 (0) 0

please advise me

Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hi kaveshamp,

When using test controllers and test agents, you must purchase Visual Studio Load Test Virtual User Pack 2010 licenses for the number of virtual users you want to use to simulate the load on your application.

Each Visual Studio Load Test Virtual User Pack 2010 licenses includes 1000 users.

For example, if you purchase 7 of the Visual Studio Load Test Virtual User Pack 2010, you can now run concurrent load tests that together use up to 7000 user licenses. If you run two load tests at the same time, where Load Test 1 uses 5000 virtual users on this test controller, and Load Test 2 uses 3000 virtual users, then you must purchase another Visual Studio Load Test Virtual User Pack 2010 for 1000 virtual users for this test controller. For more detailed information, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee850544.aspx

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Friday, January 20, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply.

The Test controller having 20 of the Visual Studio Load Test Virtual User Pack 2010 for 20000 virtual users.

Thanks.

Monday, January 23, 2012 7:25 AM
  • Hi Kaveshamp,

When the test is running, how does the CPU usage indicate?

Thanks!

Sophia Lu [MSFT]
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:58 AM
  • Hi All,

I am having the same issue.  My load test works for 1, 50,100 and 1000 virtual users and I can generate reports them, (copied the .loadtest files and assigned the constant user pattern to them so they can be repeated without modifying them during each run).  When I try 5000 virtual users I get no errors but test results are 0.  The CPU/Web Request counters etc show activity as expected.  We have Visual Studio Ultimate Edition so I put in the Load Feature Licence and assigned 7 seats (7000 virtual users) to the test controller.  The test runs as ran vai the test manager using an automated test.  There are 15 virtual desktops in the environment.  The initial test runs are for 10 minutes, but I increased it to 30 minutes just incase it was a timing thing.

On a side note I do see that the test controller shows 0 for the highest number of virtual users used.

Any idea?  As I am getting results for 1 to 1000 virtual users I am assuming the tests and configuration of TFS/Test Manager etc are correct.

Regards

Richard....

PS I just reduced the user count to 2000 for this 5000 user test and I am getting results.
    • Edited by GBD77 Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:17 AM Update to my tests
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:16 AM