none
DataGridView Control: Master-Detail Form in Visual Studio 2012 Express? Displaying Data in a DataRepeater Control (Visual Studio 2012)?

Question

• Hi all,

In the Visual Studio 2005 Express, I used the DataGridView control and created a Master-Detail Form to display the data from the Data Source, DataSet, DataTable, etc.  Now, in the Visual Studio 2012 Express, I could not find the similar procedures to use the DataGridView control and create a Master-Detail Form to display the data from the Data Source, DataSet, DataTable, etc.  Instead, I see (i) How to: Create a Master/Details Form by Using Two DataRepeater Controls (Visual Studio 2012), (ii) Walkthrough: Displaying Data in DataRepeater Control (Visual Studio 2012), (iii) Introduction to the DataRepeater Control (Visual Studio 2012),.... I have a hard time to understand Virtual Mode in the DataRepeater Control and Events like DrawItem event (Visual Studio 2012)!?  Please kindly help and explain the Virtual Mode in the DataRepeater Control and Events like DrawItem event for me.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang  

• Edited by Scott_Chang Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:14 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:40 PM

All replies

• Scott,

YOur code from 2005 around this should still work in version 2012.

Simply upgrade it and see what happens (upgrading means simply selecting the sln file in explorer).

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:02 PM