FLV play

Question

• HI

I have read a bunch of forums and read a lot of articles but i cant find anything abaut how can i play a flv file in C# , anybody has any idea where should i start or is ti even possible?

Monday, July 02, 2007 12:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my experience,  you need use 3rd party tool to display flv files. You can use FLVplayer.exe to display flv file like the following code. For more information about FLVplayer.exe ,visit:

http://www.tekool.net/flash/flv_player/index_en.html

Code Snippet

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(@"D:\tool\FLV Player\FLVplayer.exe", "d:\\test.flv");

Hope this can help you.

Good luck

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 4:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my experience,  you need use 3rd party tool to display flv files. You can use FLVplayer.exe to display flv file like the following code. For more information about FLVplayer.exe ,visit:

http://www.tekool.net/flash/flv_player/index_en.html

Code Snippet

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(@"D:\tool\FLV Player\FLVplayer.exe", "d:\\test.flv");

Hope this can help you.

Good luck

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 4:16 AM
  • Is there an easy way to do this in asp? I mean, classic asp 3; not .NET.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 3:00 PM
  • I don`t know abaut that but i generated a .html file witch called for a javascript and that for an .swf file witch played the movie i just had to modify the html file every time when i wanted to see another movie

A bit complicated but it works fine so far.

Friday, July 13, 2007 6:45 AM
  • Yes you can do it in quicktime player .here is an example www.medya24.com

Best Regards;

Hakan Fatih YILDIRIM

Friday, August 03, 2007 12:26 PM
  • Yes it is possible but my point was to do it without any 3rd party application to be installed , and i know that that the .js .swf .html files that i use to play the movies sound like *** but it works fine.
    Friday, August 03, 2007 12:52 PM