none
Customizing Process Template GIT

Answers

All replies

• Hi Joba,

I relay don't know if this can cover your needs but you can try it, please follow the steps in the below image:

----------

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:41 PM
  • Well, I think this would work, but I found out another way using Visual Studio Test Runner, through Test Case Filter.

I set it up a CI on develop remote branch, however, when I pushed to it, it did not started the build.

So I queued one myself, but 30min has passed and the build did not start. How to troubleshoot this?

I'm using visualstudio.com as the server

Take a look at WPF FlashMessage
    About.me

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:48 PM
  • Ok, it took some time to build (Manually, it still does NOT do automatically), but it's almost there. 

Some little help to configure:

The Diagnostics showed: "There were no matches for the search pattern C:\a\bin\**\*Tests.dll"

My folder structure is as follows:

Sorry for these questions, but I'm new to this.

Thanks.

About.me

• Edited by Joba Diniz Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:32 PM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:33 PM
  • Hi Joba,

1). It seems that your CI build is not triggered automatically, you have to queue it manually. Please have a double check that you choose to use the Hosted Build Controller.

2). For your second issue, I am afraid you can't run multiple tests in the build in Git Team Project. As mentioned in the blog you provided above:
    Can I create more than one test run?In a Git team project, not yet. We're working on it.

Thanks.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Friday, August 30, 2013 6:39 AM
  • I don't understand "more than one test". I mean, so it CAN run only ONE test? Is that it?

There is no other than Hosted Build Controller to choose:

About.me

• Edited by Joba Diniz Friday, August 30, 2013 12:08 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2013 12:04 PM
  • Hi Joba,

Based on my understanding, yes, currently you are allowed to run only one test.

Thanks.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 02, 2013 1:28 AM
  • That not makes sense at all. Run only ONE test? Why would Microsoft do that? I mean, run only one test is useless, so why bother have this feature for only one test?

I don't think that's the case.

About.me

Monday, September 02, 2013 2:54 PM
  • Hi Joba,

Very sorry for this limitation, just as that blog mentioned, our Microsoft Product Team are actually working on it now.

And I also post one feature request on the Microsoft UserVoice site, you can consider voting it : http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/suggestions/4380582-customize-git-process-template-to-run-multiple-tes

Thanks.

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 1:38 AM
  • Unfortunately, I'm out of votes.

That's another issue that I find really annoying... I have only 10 votes, it is just so few. I mean, some features take months, even years to be accepted and my votes are gone till there.

But thanks.

About.me

• Edited by Joba Diniz Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:10 AM
    Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:08 AM