Visual Studio 2010, Pending Checkins, project.vcxproj.filters "File not available"

Question

• I have recently converted about a dozen "make" projects from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2010 using the 2010 conversion wizard.

In the Pending Checkins pane, for each project, I see a line like "project.vcxproj.filters File not available".

These files do not exist (on disk) for some reason. (I believe they are related to a "view" of the project. I can open these projects and see the files listed.)

How do I correct this problem?

Do I need to check-in the .vcxproj.filters files?

Regards,

Frank

Friday, October 28, 2011 2:02 PM

Answers

• Friday, October 28, 2011 5:37 PM
  • Hi Frank

In VS2010, VC++ starting us MSBuild to organize the project. The project.vcxproj.filters is used to manager the filters, the virtual folder in solution explorer.

If you want an empty vcxproj.filters file, which is not take effect on solution explorer, you can create a file with following MSBuild code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Project ToolsVersion="4.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">

</Project>

Although project.vcxproj.filters  will not take effect on building project, if it is possible, I recommend you checked in project.vcxproj.filters into the source control which will make your project more organized.

Regards,

Yi

Yi Feng Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 7:49 AM

All replies