none
WES7 : "Windows cannot access the installation sources. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation"

Question

• I try to install Windows Embedded Standard 7 on an empty Compact Flash 4 GB but during installation, I have an error message "Windows cannot access the installation sources. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation."

I have created an Answer File with Image Configuration Editor and I have created an IBW Image from my Answer File. All files and folders of IBW Image ( 738MB ) are copied on a bootable USB key of 4GB. I have inserted USB key in a computer with a Compact Flash 4GB (which contains only a NTFS primary partition set as Active) and it boots on USB key. IBW Wizard starts and I follow instructions until step of Drive selection. I choose disk and partition of Compact Flash and I press on next button. First 2 steps of installation succeed (Copying Windows Files and Expanding Windows Files) but 3rd step (Installing features and updates) failed with error message "Windows cannot access the installation sources. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation.".

I have tried doing same thing with a Compact Flash 4GB which contains 2 partitions : a NTFS primary set as active and a system partition but I have the same result. Then I have tried installing it on a Compact Flash 8GB which contains only 1 primary partition set as active and I succeed.

Problem is that I must install it on a Compact Flash 4GB.

Can somebody help me please ?
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:11 PM

All replies

• Sounds like there is not enough room on the 4GB to install the OS. How much space is available on the 8GB flash disk? If the image is 3GB or less in size, you could sysprep the image on the 8GB and copy the master to the 4GB. If there image is greater the 4GB, you will have to use 8GB CF.

BTW- this forum is for POSReady. There are other forums for WES7.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:15 PM
  • Image installed on the 8GB is 1.5GB. I have already sysprep and copied on the 4GB CF but when I start computer with 4GB CF, I have BSOD with error : "STOP: C0000135 Program can't start because %hs is missing. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.".

Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:46 AM
  • Has somebody an idea for my problem please ? I've tried all I thought.
    Friday, December 14, 2012 8:28 AM
  • Did you solve this?

ICE has an estimator that while very approximate, is also an understatement. If it says you need something like 3G of space, you're probably optimistic expecting to get it in 4.

=^x^=

Monday, January 07, 2013 6:37 AM