none
turn windows features on or off is not showing any programs

Question

• ok im on vista and im trying to turn on the net. framework and the turn windows features on or off is not showing any programs on it
    i think i need it to install net. framework and i dont know why this is happening

edit: yes i am trying to install .net framework 3.5 sp1 on to vista but i always get an error message:
    [08/11/09,14:29:34] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS): [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS). MSI returned error code -2146762496
    [08/11/09,14:29:45] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS) is not installed.
    so i am trying to turn on some programs with 'turn windows features on or off ' feature and all i get is a blank screen.
    'so what should i do oh guru of computer wisdom!'
    • Edited by jocgame Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:25 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• hi

wht r u trying to do?
    if u r planning to install .net framework then u need to install it

or if u hv pblms regarding setting up .net in vista

refer similar thread here for .net with vista
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/138af0cb-943b-4dca-a5fb-107e359328b5

specially refer the answer by Yichun chen

see if this helps u

thanks
    anliS

Regards anliS www.businessinsightsconsulting.com Please remember to mark the correct replies as answers
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:10 PM
  • Thank you for anliS's kindly help. :)

Hi Jocgame,

Do you mean that you cannot find the checkbox next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 as the following?

If yes, it can be related to Vista.

To install .NET Framework 3.5, we need .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0. However, we cannot distinguish whether .NET Framework 3.0 has been installed or not on your machine since this feature list was broken.

You could try reparing Vista. If it doesn't work, for Vista issue, I would suggest you to consult it on Technet forum.

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:18 AM typo
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:43 AM
  • im not to sure what you mean by 'reparing vista'....
    so ive tryed the technet forum and i have had no results from the existing threads on the subject and i would like a better option than 'command prompt' or 'system restore' as these would not work (CP cant find regestry and system restore does not work)

Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:02 PM
  • Hi Jocgame,

For one quicker way to repair OS or restore the OS configuration to an earlier point. Here is a KB about this, please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212/

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 3:11 AM
  • oh the 'cmd' well that does not work as it gets to the problem then says that it cant work out the problem then to look at a file i try to look at the file and it tells me 'acess denied' i have an adminastrator account and i have tryed changeing the files securty settings but nothing seems to work
    Friday, August 14, 2009 6:12 PM
  • Hi Jocgame,

Sorry for delay. Thank you for your information. :)

I found that Dr. Trips has posted one suggestion to how to do a repair of Vista in the following thread:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/6f0a3273-0a8f-4405-8cbc-8cb17622af5c/
    I hope this can help you a lot.

I can understand that it's not exactly what you want to hear. Or you could try posting this issue on Technet - Windows Vista Setup forum to get more useful help there. After your issue is solved, please try installing .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 again. If you have any concern during the installation, I'm willing to help you with that.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

• Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:40 AM
    Monday, August 17, 2009 3:16 AM