none
SSRS in SharePoint Integrated Mode - Cannot see the shared data sources

Question

• I have inherited a bit of a SharePoint mess.  Basically the creator is no longer with the company and no one seems to know anything about it.  I am quite versed in SSRS native mode, but not much with SharePoint integrated, but I do have a bit of SharePoint experience....

Problem:

I am sys admin in SQL, SharePoint admin, local admin etc. in this standalone server.  I want to view/edit the Shared Data source for an existing report.  I got the name of the SharedDS and it appears it should be in the same document library as the report, but it is not showing up when I browse to that doc lib in IE.  Is there a setting I need to change, permission, etc. so that I can see it?  The report executes, so I know it is there.  I understand not wanting the end users to be able to see this/these when they browse the site.   My next step was to try by viewing with SharePoint Designer, but I was hoping there is an easier way.  Please help!

FYI- Setup is Windows Server 2008r2, SQL 2008R2, SP2010

Thanks!

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:54 AM

Answers

• With no responses, it took me a LONG time to figure this out!  I first tried SharePoint Designer, but could not open the page b/c the page blocks editing with SharePoint designer.  So I went back to the web browser and was finally able to see the data sources via this method:

1.        From the navigation bar up top Click the Library tab under Library Tools, and then click Open with Explorer.

Once windows explorer opens up you can see the data sources there.  Hope that helps someone else!

• Marked as answer by JasonDWilson77 Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:25 AM
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:25 AM

All replies

• With no responses, it took me a LONG time to figure this out!  I first tried SharePoint Designer, but could not open the page b/c the page blocks editing with SharePoint designer.  So I went back to the web browser and was finally able to see the data sources via this method:

1.        From the navigation bar up top Click the Library tab under Library Tools, and then click Open with Explorer.

Once windows explorer opens up you can see the data sources there.  Hope that helps someone else!

• Marked as answer by JasonDWilson77 Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:25 AM
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:25 AM
  • Hi Jason,

Glad to hear that you issue had been solved by yourself, thank you for sharing such useful information.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 26, 2013 1:58 AM