none
Sharepoint 2013 - How to hide or remove title from home page of a public facing website?

Question

• I have no idea how to do this. I have Sharepoint Designer 2013 installled, but I don't know what to remove, in order to remove the title.

Thanks in advance. 

Sunday, January 26, 2014 4:50 PM

Answers

• If this needs to be removed on single page then drop the Content Editor Web Part and reference the CSS mentioned in that thread in your web part and that should do the trick.

For global changes you can edit your Master page and reference your CSS file in there.

<SharePoint:CssRegistration ID="HidePageTitleCSS" Name="PATHTOYOURCSS" runat="server" After="corev15.css" />

Path to your CSS typically referenced like this

"/Style Library/YOURCSSFOLDER/HidePageTitle.css" 

Amit

Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:23 PM
  • I'd be hesitant suggesting Master Page changes to someone new to Designer. As Sergiu is new, might be worth detailing your suggestions a little more.

• The Content Editor Web part has an HTML / source code that the code above can be placed in. Add it to the bottom of the page and set it to hidden in the web part properties.
    • The folder referred to is one created by SharePoint for the sort of thing you want to achieve. If the path returns a 404, you can create one by activating the Publishing Feature

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:45 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Is this what you are asking?

How to hide site title in SharePoint 2013

Amit

Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:40 PM
  • Hi Amit, 

I read that article, but I'm not sure what to change. I'm a novice in Sharepoint Designer 2013, so not sure where to change and what to change. Could you help me?

Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:09 PM
  • If this needs to be removed on single page then drop the Content Editor Web Part and reference the CSS mentioned in that thread in your web part and that should do the trick.

For global changes you can edit your Master page and reference your CSS file in there.

<SharePoint:CssRegistration ID="HidePageTitleCSS" Name="PATHTOYOURCSS" runat="server" After="corev15.css" />

Path to your CSS typically referenced like this

"/Style Library/YOURCSSFOLDER/HidePageTitle.css" 

Amit

Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:23 PM
  • I'd be hesitant suggesting Master Page changes to someone new to Designer. As Sergiu is new, might be worth detailing your suggestions a little more.

• The Content Editor Web part has an HTML / source code that the code above can be placed in. Add it to the bottom of the page and set it to hidden in the web part properties.
    • The folder referred to is one created by SharePoint for the sort of thing you want to achieve. If the path returns a 404, you can create one by activating the Publishing Feature

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:45 PM
    Answerer