none
Unable to access SI service from application.

Question

• Hi,

I have installed SI as an stand alone.

When i access SI Service (http://localhost/StreamInsight/SIInstance) from Event Debugger, that install in same SI Server, its accessible.

When i try to access from c# application, which is on different machine, using below code:

EndpointAddress endpointAdd = new EndpointAddress(
                    "http://myserver/StreamInsight/SIInstance");
    using (var server = Server.Connect(endpointAdd))
    {

string AppName = "TestApp";
      if (server.Applications.ContainsKey(AppName))
                    {
                        server.Applications[AppName].Delete();
                    }
      var app = server.CreateApplication(AppName);
      //Rest of code ...
    }

giving me an error

"The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'."

Is there any specify permission that i am missing or what is the correct approach?

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 6:27 AM

All replies

• From the MSDN documentation:
    The installation process creates a user group, named according to the instance name. For an instance named "MyInstance", the user group is named "StreamInsightUsers$MyInstance". Only users in this group can connect to a published StreamInsight server. For more information about publishing a server, see Publishing and Connecting to the StreamInsight Server.

Make sure the user that is running the C# application on a different machine is in the StreamInsight users group.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 4:20 PM
  • I ensured that the users are listed in the user group.

Here is the specific error message that I am getting when I try to run the test application. Is there any particular setting in IIS that I need to worry about?

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:41 PM
  • First, can you access the instance from the same machine using your custom C# application?

Second, are both machines on the same domain? And is the user account that the console application is running under must be in the StreamInsight users group.

Third, I wonder if this may be something in your internet settings. Have you tried putting the StreamInsight machine's name into the Trusted Sites zone?

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    Microsoft MVP - Sql Server (StreamInsight)

Ruminations of J.net

If I answered your question, please mark as answer.
    If my post was helpful, please mark as helpful.

Monday, July 08, 2013 3:18 PM