none
SARS formatting a table

General discussion

• Hi, 

I am working on SQl reporting services. And i have to format  table1 it a particular way which can be found in screen shot. There is a row group by on planned start and column group by on Field. Basically i want to get  rid of all the empty cells and format the table-1 to table-2. Please let me know if it can be done.

Amit Kumar

Monday, July 01, 2013 5:33 PM

All replies

• Find the visibility property of the row.  Make it visible if and only if at least one of the relevant fields has a non-blank value.  You can find advice on how to write SSRS expressions here.
    Monday, July 01, 2013 5:37 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, but relevant field has at least one value in every row of the table.

Amit Kumar

Monday, July 01, 2013 6:54 PM
  • According to your screenshots, the second row for a Planned Start of 31 Mar 2013 has blank values for Field1, Field2, Field3, and Field4.  You could use that fact to make this row invisible, if you like.

Incidentally, what is "hij" doing in Field3 in the first row in table2?  This value is not present in table1.  You are reformatting and also adding data?  You may want to explain in more detail what you are trying to accomplish.

Monday, July 01, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Sorry if i was not clear. what i would like to see is: For a Planned date in a respective field if there is no value then in the cell then replace it by the cell which have value. Please have a look at the screen shot.

Amit Kumar

Monday, July 01, 2013 8:00 PM