none
PubCenter not recording impressions outside of U.S.

Question

• I have an XNA game using the Advertising SDK that was current a year ago, and I know I'm getting a lot of downloads from countries outside the U.S.. What can I do to make sure that I'm receiving revenue for these impressions (outside of the U.S.)?? Any help is very much appreciated!
    Friday, April 27, 2012 11:03 PM

All replies

• pubCenter technically serves ads to mobile users that are only in 12 countries, but in reality, pubCenter only has sufficient ad-inventory to fill ads in the USA, UK, and Germany. In those other 9 countries you will hopefully get some ads filled, but not consistently at this time. In the other 300 countries in the world, your game users are essentially playing your game for free until you either : (1) have a backup ad-strategy implemented for where Microsoft doesn't serve ads, (2) force users in those other countries to pay for your game or to unlock features with an in-app purchase, or (3) switch to another ad-provider that covers more countries, but likely pays less than pubCenter in those 3 countries.
    Thursday, April 05, 2012 12:13 PM
  • Still, the issue remains.

I have verified that the ads are appearing in some of the countries you indicated, so I'm confident ads are displayed in all supported markets. Yet, the impressions are not being reported at all in my dashboard.

Here's what I did:  I downloaded my game from Germany and UK Markets (used new Live ID's), played through, triggered several ads - > Checked reports days later - no impressions for anything but the U.S.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:30 PM
  • Hmmm - in that case - I suggest emailing psupport@microsoft.com so that they'll open a ticket and investigate your account for problems.  They'll want your app-id and ad-units that you're using.  They won't open Ad SDK support tickets from this forum - only through that email address.  Good luck!

Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:58 PM
  • As per our experience, ad location displayed in report are based on the region and language settings on the phone and not the country to which users live id belong. Try chaning the region+language settings on your phone to point to some other country and then check the pubCenter report..

Friday, April 27, 2012 11:03 PM