Want to download the MSDN libary! / and got error

Question

• Hey guys

I want to download tutorials and refrences from MSDN libary but can't seem to I tried to do it though Visual Studio (Went to manage help settings>install content from online). And got this error

---------------------------
    Help Library Manager - Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0
    An exception has occurred. See the event log for details.
    OK  

So in the even viewer here what it says

An error occurred while updating local content: System.Xml.XmlException: For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Xhtml.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ProcessDocument>b__4(IWebResult result, XmlReader xmlReader)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Xhtml.ProcessStream(Uri uri, ICacheHost host, Action`2 lambda)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Xhtml.ProcessDocument(Uri uri, ICacheHost host, Action`2 lambda)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Book.Load(ICacheHost host, Uri source)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.<>c__DisplayClass7c.<GetUpdatedPackageInfo>b__73(Book b)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Extensions.Each[T](IEnumerable`1 that, Action`1 lambda)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.GetUpdatedPackageInfo(IEnumerable`1 books, CacheContentGraph contentGraph, Boolean checkForOnlineUpdates, Boolean allowBookFailure)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.Update(VendorName vendorName, Boolean checkForOnlineUpdates, StatusCallback`1 statusCallback, CertificateCheckCallback certCheckCallback)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.CacheManager.<>c__DisplayClass24.<UpdateAsync>b__23()
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.AsyncOperationRunner.Run(Object state)
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="HelpLibManager" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="0">1003</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>1</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-01-12T21:20:00.000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>103489</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>Asim-PC</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>An error occurred while updating local content: System.Xml.XmlException: For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Xhtml.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass5.&lt;ProcessDocument&gt;b__4(IWebResult result, XmlReader xmlReader)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Xhtml.ProcessStream(Uri uri, ICacheHost host, Action`2 lambda)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Xhtml.ProcessDocument(Uri uri, ICacheHost host, Action`2 lambda)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Book.Load(ICacheHost host, Uri source)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass7c.&lt;GetUpdatedPackageInfo&gt;b__73(Book b)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Extensions.Each[T](IEnumerable`1 that, Action`1 lambda)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.GetUpdatedPackageInfo(IEnumerable`1 books, CacheContentGraph contentGraph, Boolean checkForOnlineUpdates, Boolean allowBookFailure)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.Update(VendorName vendorName, Boolean checkForOnlineUpdates, StatusCallback`1 statusCallback, CertificateCheckCallback certCheckCallback)
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.CacheManager.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass24.&lt;UpdateAsync&gt;b__23()
       at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.AsyncOperationRunner.Run(Object state)</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

SO anyone know whats going on and how I can download them, I want them off-line so I can read if my internet connection goes off.

Thanks

I'm a PC and I run Left For Dead 2 :)
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:25 PM

Answers

• Developer Documentation and Help System Forum 

Try that one. 

Does "on-line" help content work properly for you?

"I want to download tutorials and refrences from MSDN libary but can't seem to I tried to do it though Visual Studio (Went to manage help settings>install content from online). "

That is not how you install tutorials.  Most of the tutorials that I have downloaded from the MSDN library have their own installers.  Many are self-extracting ZIP files.

Rudy   =8^D

Mark the best replies as answers. "Fooling computers since 1971."

http://rudedog2.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:31 PM

All replies