none
OOB sharepoint 2010 approval workflow not controlling content approval status of document library item

Question

• I have set the OOB sharepoint 2010 approval workflow on a content type in a library.  Its set to
    - start the workflow when a new item is added
    - start the workflow when an item is changed

My library has "require content approval for submitted items" to yes on, create major versions, and does not require checkout.

I've also set the  "Update the approval status after the workflow is completed (use this workflow to control content approval)." to yes.<//td><//tr><//tbody><//table>

Yet, the approval status of the item never gets changed.  Though the workflow and task show the document as approved, the approval status is not updated.  I dont get it; why is my workflow not controlling content approval when I explicitily checked yes??  

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

What if you turned off content approval? Does it show workflow status? Try toggling content approval off and then on.

Let us know your results

Regards,
    Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com
    Posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Please remember to click Mark As Answer if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if it was useful.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:53 AM
  • Hello Pratik,

I toggled it, ran the workflow, approved the document, the documents approval status still remains at pending.  I toggled the "Update the approval status after the workflow is completed (use this workflow to control content approval)." back to yes. Re ran it, still the documents approval status remains at "Pending" whereas the approval workflow shows it as "approved". 

I reran each scenario on a new document.
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:56 PM