none
Web deployment task failed

Question

• I am trying to deploy an ASP.Net MVC web app. to a Windows Azure Web site and when I am trying to publish my app. I am getting the Error: Web deployment task failed. (Connection Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed during the post-login phase.  The connection could have timed out while waiting for server to complete the login process and respond; Or it could have timed out while attempting to create multiple active connections.  The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=25497; handshake=168; [Login] initialization=0; authentication=127; [Post-Login] complete=3999; )

Connection Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed during the post-login phase.  The connection could have timed out while waiting for server to complete the login process and respond; Or it could have timed out while attempting to create multiple active connections.  The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=25497; handshake=168; [Login] initialization=0; authentication=127; [Post-Login] complete=3999;
    The wait operation timed out 

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I do not reproduce the issue at my side, I am using Web Deploy V3 and VS2012. Please try uninstall all Web Deploy versions and installing the latest Web Deploy from http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/web-deploy as mentioned in this thread on similar issue.

Best Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:58 PM

All replies

• More info.

[Auto schema update]

Web deployment task failed. ((8/28/2013 5:27:12 PM) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.)

(8/28/2013 5:27:12 PM) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.
    The server experienced an issue processing the request. Contact the server administrator for more information.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:29 AM
  • Hi,

To publish the application to Websites, please make sure you do not missed some steps blog below.

• Run you application as Administrator
    • Get the publish profile from the Windows Azure portal
    • Import the profile to the publish window

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/avkashchauhan/archive/2012/06/26/deploying-windows-azure-website-using-visual-studio-web-publish-wizard.aspx

Best Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:44 AM
  • Thank you for your response.

I did follow the instructions ( and I am using a Sql database) . I didn’t run as administrator before . However, I just tried again

The publish method : Web Deply, Validate connection: OK

And, I am still getting the error( and I am unable to publish it):

Error 1  Web deployment task failed. (Connection Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed during the post-login phase.  The connection could have timed out while waiting for server to complete the login process and respond; Or it could have timed out while attempting to create multiple active connections.  The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=25567; handshake=126; [Login] initialization=0; authentication=82; [Post-Login] complete=4066; )

Connection Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed during the post-login phase.  The connection could have timed out while waiting for server to complete the login process and respond; Or it could have timed out while attempting to create multiple active connections.  The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=25567; handshake=126; [Login] initialization=0; authentication=82; [Post-Login] complete=4066;

The wait operation timed out...
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:52 AM
  • I published the website without database ( not able to login, display data..). Seems to be an issue with Web deploy:

Error    2    Web deployment task failed. (Could not deploy package.
    Unable to connect to target server.
    Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_EXECUTING_METHOD.)   

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

I do not reproduce the issue at my side, I am using Web Deploy V3 and VS2012. Please try uninstall all Web Deploy versions and installing the latest Web Deploy from http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/web-deploy as mentioned in this thread on similar issue.

Best Regards.

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:58 PM